+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bulut for Norwich

Bulut for Norwich

Unlikely but Norwich are looking out for a new manager this morning

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/

Re: Bulut for Norwich

Just sacked him
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cpvg3kz91ngo

Their away form was dreadful. On away matches alone, they were 19th in the league. And they got pumped at Elland Road last night. Imagine you only went to away games, thinking how have we made the playoffs.

The Eastern Daily Press piece says Norwich will be looking for a more “progressive” appointment, so us City fans can rest easy.

I was going to say Norwich sacking Wagner was a shock, but I wasn’t surprised by the decision to sack Dave Jones after a Play Off failure and Wagner was always struggling after Webber left Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Eastern Daily Press piece says Norwich will be looking for a more “progressive” appointment, so us City fans can rest easy.

I was going to say Norwich sacking Wagner was a shock, but I wasn’t surprised by the decision to sack Dave Jones after a Play Off failure and Wagner was always struggling after Webber left Norwich.
    Managers know they have a limited lifespan in each appointment nowadays whereas they were given more time years ago. Not saying whether either is right or wrong, it's how it is. With all the money in the game comes expections. There's usually been playoff talk from our upper echelons every season so far, so whether we might have finished 21st last season, Tan was still optimistic of a top 6 finish earlier in the season. However, I do believe it is right that expectation levels change through the course of a season - simply saying that a club, for example, that tails away but has finished higher than the previous season after it spends most of the season in the playoffs, is daft.

There is a worry that club owners/boards etc believe they provide the tools for success and that failures are mainly due to a manager.

After he got Huddersfield promoted, I got caught up in the highly-rated-German-U23-coach-bandwagon but since then he's been sacked three times in four years (in three different countries). So he's either making bad career choices - one of the teams was Schalke, a basket case - or it was a flash in the pan or the highly-rated-German-U23-coach-bandwagon is just as fallible as any other.