+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 91 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Think I’ve been talking to myself on here over the past three days, but Glamorgan win by four wickets.

Not a bad outing for a pre-season ahead of a tough test up in Headingley next week. Decent intensity for a friendly, although pitch felt quite flat today.

Anyone more in the know about why we shipped out De Lange? Useful enough pace and can pull it out the bag occasionally for a tail ender.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think I’ve been talking to myself on here over the past three days, but Glamorgan win by four wickets.
    Not at all. Grateful for the reminder there was a game on. Ended up keeping tabs using this app - http://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#ma181e40...9-1476f5b9875a
    Goods performance. Bodes well for the coming season I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Not a bad outing for a pre-season ahead of a tough test up in Headingley next week. Decent intensity for a friendly, although pitch felt quite flat today.

Anyone more in the know about why we shipped out De Lange? Useful enough pace and can pull it out the bag occasionally for a tail ender.
    Think he fell foul of the new overseas player rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post

Don’t think it was a case of us shipping him out, in football terms it was like a Championship player getting an offer from a Premier League club when his contract was running out.

Sorry, I’ve just seen Madasa’s post and I think he may be right.

I’ve been following your posts Paul, you are my John Arlott.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That takes my back - they don’t make them like him any more.

Excellent win, wish I'd watched it instead of the football now! Grrrr!

Many is the time we'd have been beaten by 90 odd runs in similar situations.

Hopefully the sign of things to come.

That takes my back - they don’t make them like him any more.
    While the others in work were tuned into Radio One they were looking at me as if I was weird listening to the cricket, especially when they knew that it was pissing down all over the country and, obviously, no play was possible. The rain affected intervals made for some of the most wonderful broadcasting ever, the anecdotes, stories, recollections etc of the commentary team were comedy gold. Those lot on air were often hilarious even when they weren’t meant to be. They had the wonderful knack of being able to paint a masterpiece with words alone.

I remember the great Arlott commentating on the removal of a cover, went on for a good few minutes, when they got the cover off Arlott said "and now they start on the next one"............it was a form of poetry.

While the others in work were tuned into Radio One they were looking at me as if I was weird listening to the cricket, especially when they knew that it was pissing down all over the country and, obviously, no play was possible. The rain affected intervals made for some of the most wonderful broadcasting ever, the anecdotes, stories, recollections etc of the commentary team were comedy gold. Those lot on air were often hilarious even when they weren’t meant to be. They had the wonderful knack of being able to paint a masterpiece with words alone.
    Although I wouldn’t quite put myself in this category, I’ve heard quite a few real cricket fans say that they prefer TMS when it’s raining. I cant explain it, but when the four day stuff starts later in the week, I’ll gladly listen to, say, Northants v Leicester for an hour or two and, given that the BBC have renewed the contract which enables them to broadcast commentary online af all four day games, I can’t be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    I remember the great Arlott commentating on the removal of a cover, went on for a good few minutes, when they got the cover off Arlott said "and now they start on the next one"............it was a form of poetry.
    It's a lot less bovver than a hovver

Cheers Madassa and TOBW, “shipped out” was probably a bit too harshly used by me as imagined it must have been a contractual or rule change around overseas/kolpak players, etc. Not a bad move for him, just a shame we couldn’t have kept hold of him.

Think we’ve lost out on another of our players due to rule changes too in the shape of Hemphrey I think. Remember reading about that a while back now and don’t know if it was resolved.

Agreed as well TOBW, the county championship radio coverage is probably my favourite thing my licence fee goes towards along with TMS. Long may it continue.

I remember Arlott's last day commentating and he came on for a final interview after close of play. He was carrying a glass of red wine and slurring in a posh sort of way.

which radio station will glamorgan games be on

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    which radio station will glamorgan games be on
    The commentaries are only available on line. If you go to the BBC website’s cricket section, there’ll be a link to county commentaries where all of the matches are listed.

The commentaries are only available on line. If you go to the BBC website’s cricket section, there’ll be a link to county commentaries where all of the matches are listed.
    cheers bob couldnt find it last season

first game this season today yorkshire away not an easy start

Glamorgan have been put into bat by Yorkshire (gulp!), sound commentary available here;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/55341739

Cheers Bob

Not a great start, 8 for 1

First Team

27- 2.

Looks like normal service is resumed!

That said Yorkshire, on paper, are real contenders for the title so it may not be a true reflection.

nice one