+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Under 2 overs to go and Glamorgan settling for the draw.

Derby attacking field.

Great entertainment.

Wonderful game.

And breathe....

Honourable draw in the end

310/8 at the close

I've never watched the online coverage before but did fir ghe last 10 overs.
    That was good stuff, just a shame we had to give up on the chase in the end.

A little naive when Cullen came in. Hogged the bowling with Northeast stuck at the other end. It turned the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    A little naive when Cullen came in. Hogged the bowling with Northeast stuck at the other end. It turned the game.
    I think Sidebottom's wicket maiden turned it around.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I've never watched the online coverage before but did fir ghe last 10 overs.
    That was good stuff, just a shame we had to give up on the chase in the end.
    It’s the first time I’ve watched it online also. Edward Bevan is class isn’t he.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It’s the first time I’ve watched it online also. Edward Bevan is class isn’t he.
    I knew him a fair few years ago and yes he's class. I got into Sophia Gardens without paying plenty of times on the back of it. Him and Don Sheppard were a great radio partnership.
    Apart from him commentating when the ball crashed through the window, my favourite bit of his commentating was when he was covering an overseas tour. 5live went to him for the last 2 or 3 deliveries as the result was on a knife-edge. In the excitement he stood up and accidentally kicked a cable taking himself off air. Listeners missed the end of the game 😁

Credit to both teams, Derbyshire for a bolder declaration than I was expecting and Glamorgan for almost pulling it off - right result in the end I suppose because there wasn’t much between the sides throughout.

Home to Leicestershire, who look to be fairly weak this season, next with a forecast for four dry days - Glamorgan could do with an away type performance at Sophia Gardens at the moment, not losing the toss then getting bowled out cheaply would be a start.

Found this from BBC archive

The making for cricket bats / balls

https://fb.watch/cNkbbZ8QxD/

Disapointing morning, would have hoped for at least 2 wickets. I suppose the one positive is that we've kept the scoring rate down.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Disapointing morning, would have hoped for at least 2 wickets. I suppose the one positive is that we've kept the scoring rate down.
    Especially after winning the toss and putting them in, too early to say Glamorgan are underperforming yet again at Cardiff, but it’s not a good start.

Surprised to learn Glammy won the toss when I tuned in this morning, looking a curious choice after that session and how the conditions look now I’ve got the stream on. Game we should be targeting to win so hope that decision doesn’t bite them on the behind later in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Surprised to learn Glammy won the toss when I tuned in this morning, looking a curious choice after that session and how the conditions look now I’ve got the stream on. Game we should be targeting to win so hope that decision doesn’t bite them on the behind later in the game.
    I saw that Glamorgan had won the toss and stuck them in and thought good, because Cardiff pitches seem to be at their most bowler friendly on the first day lately and with some rain about in recent days, it seemed the right move, but you only had to watch a few balls to see that there wasn’t much happening.

Golden arm Marnus strikes again.

got the cricket on in the background. I think watching City is more exciting. ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Marnus got another thankfully.

and another

Leicestershire helping us along with a couple of run outs - 199-4

and our Aussie star

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    and our Aussie star
    Yes, another wicket for him - 209-5

Leicestershire finish on 285-8, a pretty good day considering Glamorgan didn’t take a wicket in the first session.

Decent fightback. I love Labuschagne’s passion when he takes a wicket

A teenage spin bowler called Josh Baker who plays for Worcestershire has just had the first five balls of an over hit for six by Ben Stokes who went to a hundred off sixty three balls with the last one - Stokes took a terrific swing at the ball of Baker’s over, but could only hit it for four.

I make it that Stokes has hit fifty off his last nine balls!