+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Pleased for Selman. He has shown he can do well in this format in the past couple of seasons. Good win that

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Pleased for Selman. He has shown he can do well in this format in the past couple of seasons. Good win that
    As you know not a fan but if he can replicate this consistently then we will have a decent t20 season with the batting lineup

Thats pretty much his role in the side though isn't it? Marnus took a while to get going today, selman can at times, Ingram looks like he needs an extra 2 or 3 balls to get in than he did at his peak. That ability of Lloyd to smash from ball 1 is like gold dust

Cracking win. Bowling was very good, although I wish they'd stop using timm as a death bowler and Sisodia looked very average again.

Salter seems to have come on leaps and bounds over the last 2 years. He's a legitimately very good t20 and one day spinner. I'm actually quite excited to see if he can stay at this level. His control is fantastic and he takes wickets.

We've got the best player in the tournament by a country mile in Marnus. Smith bowled very well in only his second game back from injury. Still feel the pace bowling unit would look better for the addition of Hogan or Neser. Hogan for prem ideally

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Problem with one of the floodlights so need to finish earlier
    I see. That explains them playing in the dark on Thursday. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I see. That explains them playing in the dark on Thursday. Thanks
    Yes that was the problem
    You would have thought that they would have tested them earlier mind.
    I think they only found out a day or two beforehand

Watching the Kent v gloucester game on YouTube now. Great entertainment. Couple of old biddies in the flats next to the ground have spent half the night rooting through their shrubs to find the ball after sixes. The only slightly younger Darren Stevens has a six off the bat, and another six with the help of 4 overthrown. To top it all off, gloucester bowler josh Shaw had himself a very tidy spell. 3 overs in the powerplay for a return of 1 -8. Poor git returned to bowl the final over of the innings, had his figures slightly ruined with 27 runs smashed off the over

Comparing the two teams beforehand, you had to fancy Glamorgan to win yesterday, but it was impressive that they managed to do so in such a comfortable and professional manner. Strange that Selman is able to be so effective in a game which he wouldn't seem to be suited to and yet, after doing well in his first two or three seasons as a Championship opener, he's really struggled in recent years. Although Joe Cooke did well in the second innings in the win over Lancashire, we've not solved our problems at opener and if Selman is in a confident frame of mind come July when we play a couple of four day matches, I'd bring him back for them - he's done the business for us before in the longer game and so it's not that he isn't good enough.

Big test tonight at the Oval against a Surrey side who have begun with a couple of wins, but we have a history of doing well there and you'd like to think we can do so again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Comparing the two teams beforehand, you had to fancy Glamorgan to win yesterday, but it was impressive that they managed to do so in such a comfortable and professional manner. Strange that Selman is able to be so effective in a game which he wouldn't seem to be suited to and yet, after doing well in his first two or three seasons as a Championship opener, he's really struggled in recent years. Although Joe Cooke did well in the second innings in the win over Lancashire, we've not solved our problems at opener and if Selman is in a confident frame of mind come July when we play a couple of four day matches, I'd bring him back for them - he's done the business for us before in the longer game and so it's not that he isn't good enough.

Big test tonight at the Oval against a Surrey side who have begun with a couple of wins, but we have a history of doing well there and you'd like to think we can do so again.
    There's always been something about Selman that suggests he has the potential to be a very good player. His ability to occupy the crease for very long periods in his first couple of years was very impressive. Was gutted for him to get dropped from the side after hitting 69, in his interview after that game you could see he really felt like he'd turned a corner with that innings.

Big game for our bowlers against Surrey. They’ve got a batting lineup that just keeps coming at you. Scores of 223 and 188 so far, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them have at least 2 or 3 sub 80 collapses over the season. hopefully one of those will come tonight. As you say , we have a very good record at the oval

Disappointing bowling display, overall sloppy.

thankfully not paid to watch a dismal batting display again

Woeful.Maynard needs to show some balls and drop Ingram and play Neser before it’s too late

Finding this very frustrating now. Carlson was out form batsman coming into the tournament. Again he has had to sit on the bench and watch cooke and Ingram waste 18 balls each in front of him. He's also the perfect foil for Labuschagne in terms of turning 1s into 2s, which is a major factor of marnus's game. We are playing dumb cricket aswell as bad cricket

First Team

Anyone going tonight.

Tricky one for me as a Middx born but watched Glammy first.

What’s up with the floodlights that it has to start so early?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Anyone going tonight.

not sure somethings up the game against kent was bought forward the same day

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Anyone going tonight.

I'm down there tonight. Hopefully a better performance tonight

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I'm down there tonight. Hopefully a better performance tonight
    No chance I can get there with work. Still no Neser which is getting silly now. Ingram needs to perform today. Enjoy the game.

No chance I can get there with work. Still no Neser which is getting silly now. Ingram needs to perform today. Enjoy the game.
    Put him in to open tonight, and he's just hit a six. Hopefully a good innings today can get him going

I see Ingram has got his fifty.
    76 for 3 off 10.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I see Ingram has got his fifty.
    76 for 3 off 10.
    Finally Ingram produces the goods but the innings is subsiding at 94/5 off 14. Too many players are not doing anywhere near enough

Finally Ingram produces the goods but the innings is subsiding at 94/5 off 14. Too many players are not doing anywhere near enough
    Yup, he's running out of partners and overs!

Seven down now!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yup, he's running out of partners and overs!

Seven down now!
    Ingram gone and at 122/8 we will be lucky to reach 140. The rest of the batting has been pathetic.

Sisodya hits the one ball he faced for a six to get us to 150-9 - doesn’t look a great score, but 144 won on Wednesday and it is a used pitch.

Why or why don't they use Van Guten to open the bowling and bowl 4 on the spin.
    He looks our most potent bowler in the opening overs but not so good at the death.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Why or why don't they use Van Guten to open the bowling and bowl 4 on the spin.
    He looks our most potent bowler in the opening overs but not so good at the death.
    We won easily!