+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Got to laugh or you’d cry!

Although I’ve never understood how one player tests positive (cricket, football, etc) wouldn’t mean the entire team, squad, staff, etc wouldn’t be considered contacts?
    Totally agree. For me the whole team should be down as close contacts. Then put on a daily testing regime, the odds of anything sneaking through would be miniscule

Another dire display occurring as we speak. Sometimes they turn up and just don’t look interested from No. 1-11.

Diouthwaite and Weighell both scored fifties to get Glamorgan to 170 - it's a competitive score, but it's a small club ground and we were making batting look pretty easy by the end of our innings.

Another heavy defeat. Our T20 is done and has been very poor. Today sums up a dismal weekend for Welsh sport.

Can't understand why we persist with opening with spin.
    It's still July and it only works later in the year when there is a bit more turn.
    Another disappointing t20 season passes us by.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Can't understand why we persist with opening with spin.
    It's still July and it only works later in the year when there is a bit more turn.
    Another disappointing t20 season passes us by.
    It’s hasn’t worked opening with spin and needs to end. I hope Ingram doesn’t return next season. He has been very poor value.

The club seemed a bit to keen to buy into the whole Ingram cult . He was dynamite for us for years in fairness but he doesn't seem the same player now. As an overseas player you need to be performing consistently , he just hasn't done for that for the last 2 years. We are now in a position where we are essentially carrying the position that should be performing best for us.

Not sure if its age catching up or lack of cricket that's done for him. He hasn't got as many t20 gigs as he expected and he seems to be a bit scratchy and looking for form as a result. There have been openings over the last 2/3 years where he could have swallowed his pride a bit maybe, and come to play a block of 4 days for us. I've got a feeling that extra game time would have helped him stay in better nick. It's sad to see someone who was a real star for us become a bit of a liability.

Hopefully he'll explode now, win us 4 out of the next 5 games. Get Glamorgan into 4th place , and make us look daft for doubting him!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    The club seemed a bit to keen to buy into the whole Ingram cult . He was dynamite for us for years in fairness but he doesn't seem the same player now. As an overseas player you need to be performing consistently , he just hasn't done for that for the last 2 years. We are now in a position where we are essentially carrying the position that should be performing best for us.

Not sure if its age catching up or lack of cricket that's done for him. He hasn't got as many t20 gigs as he expected and he seems to be a bit scratchy and looking for form as a result. There have been openings over the last 2/3 years where he could have swallowed his pride a bit maybe, and come to play a block of 4 days for us. I've got a feeling that extra game time would have helped him stay in better nick. It's sad to see someone who was a real star for us become a bit of a liability.

Hopefully he'll explode now, win us 4 out of the next 5 games. Get Glamorgan into 4th place , and make us look daft for doubting him!
    The writing was in the wall pre covid in 2019 when Ingram only managed an average of 26 with a top score of 50. He had plenty of failures that season too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The writing was in the wall pre covid in 2019 when Ingram only managed an average of 26 with a top score of 50. He had plenty of failures that season too.
    Very true, that Is a fair old drop compared to his peak. Mind you, with the starts selman, Lloyd and marnus have been giving us this year. If Ingram had managed to mirror that form this year, 26 at a strike rate of 145 would have been more than enough to add to the team. Does also make me wonder if it may slightly affect our ability to retain Neser in future. I think he's a cracking player and would love to see him and Marnus stay for years. Must rile a player up though, when you know what you can add to a side and you're being benched for someone that's not performing

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s hasn’t worked opening with spin and needs to end. I hope Ingram doesn’t return next season. He has been very poor value.
    I can only speak as a Surrey member, but opening with spin over the last year or so has become the fashionable thing to do; we typically open with Jacks at one end, you lot and Prem, Essex had Nijar open with it last week, Leach opened up Wednesday for Somerset.

And most of all, I don't think much of it is very good, you go through the stats of delivery taking wickets in the Blast by spinners and it's mostly absolute filth. Take Chris Green as an example, he's clearly got a way, but its an incredibly negative way of doing it...

First Team

Frankly, if you lose to this current Middx team , who were bottom of everything prior to the game, then you really are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    I can only speak as a Surrey member, but opening with spin over the last year or so has become the fashionable thing to do; we typically open with Jacks at one end, you lot and Prem, Essex had Nijar open with it last week, Leach opened up Wednesday for Somerset.

And most of all, I don't think much of it is very good, you go through the stats of delivery taking wickets in the Blast by spinners and it's mostly absolute filth. Take Chris Green as an example, he's clearly got a way, but its an incredibly negative way of doing it...
    It worked quite well last season but has failed this time around. Having said that none of the bowlers have been up to much.

Good start tonight then 2 wickets in 2 balls.
    The second a run out after losing a wicket.
    Unforgivable

Good start tonight then 2 wickets in 2 balls.
    The second a run out after losing a wicket.
    Unforgivable
    Yep that run out was pitiful. Ingram very poor again.

Is the game at Sophia Gardens on Friday 'behind closed doors'

I can only see tickets on Glammy website for late in July

Can't believe what I'm sat watching. Atrocious bowling by Surrey. Yet 2 men have contrived to block us into oblivion. Root is a joke, and cooke needs to retire

It's a strange old game cricket sometimes. After surreys easy win tonight, the scorecard will show Billy roots innings as a good one. Slightly quicker than Lloyd's.

In reality him and Cooke have lost us the game, turned a 180/190 plus into a 150. Absolutely unforgivable performance from the pair of morons

Can't believe what I'm sat watching. Atrocious bowling by Surrey. Yet 2 men have contrived to block us into oblivion. Root is a joke, and cooke needs to retire
    Could be worse, you could be watching the football.

It's a strange old game cricket sometimes. After surreys easy win tonight, the scorecard will show Billy roots innings as a good one. Slightly quicker than Lloyd's.

In reality him and Cooke have lost us the game, turned a 180/190 plus into a 150. Absolutely unforgivable performance from the pair of morons
    Last 11 overs went for just over a run a ball
    Looks like we need a few quick wickets to stand any chance

Last 11 overs went for just over a run a ball
    Looks like we need a few quick wickets to stand any chance
    Willo, are you and chrisp brothers?

Brilliant bowling performance by the glammy boys. Don't want to say it and tempt fate, but we may be slight favourites

One run win

Well that was a fabulous game and fair play to the team they did well to win that. Much better bowling and Root’s big sixes made a lot of difference. Finally another win. Just.

Great finale that and a much needed win.

Good win. Looked like we might of thrown it away in the last two overs but VdG kept his nerve.