+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Surrey 97-7 off thirty overs.

Was looking forward to Amla bat a bit more but not complaining from a Glammy perspective.

8 down now, hopefully knock these couple off quickly and see how we fare on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Not a great start for us; no idea how we'll do with 12 players being lost to the new crap thing...
    Shame there isn’t more flexibility with players joining their counties for some one day games if the schedule permits. Sure Aussie players did so between the tests with India and the BBL last winter unless I’m mistaken.

Glamorgan need 133 to win.

some crazy shot play already. Selman played on fishing wide, Reingold doing similar. bags of time wtf!

15 to win from 28 overs with 7 wickets left

Surely not even Glamorgan can mess........

No I won't jinx it!

From 103-1 to 133-5, but Glamorgan win.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    From 103-1 to 133-5, but Glamorgan win.
    As soon as I had posted that they were on the cusp of winning the 4th wicket went down!!

If only they had beaten Somerset.

They are still in with a decent shot if they concentrate though

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    As soon as I had posted that they were on the cusp of winning the 4th wicket went down!!

If only they had beaten Somerset.

They are still in with a decent shot if they concentrate though
    Yes a bit of a wobble but a very good win in the end. Shame about Somerset and also that the Derbyshire game was abandoned as they are really struggling. All to play for though.

Great win … hope for a similar result at Leicestershire on Thursday

Decent enough looking score at Grace Road. Selman with 140, Root with a decent knock too but needs to lay off the reverse sweeps. Rain may have a say in the decision however.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Decent enough looking score at Grace Road. Selman with 140, Root with a decent knock too but needs to lay off the reverse sweeps. Rain may have a say in the decision however.
    Yep rain due in Leicester this afternoon but we may get enough play for DL to kick in.

good knock but now the rain will do us ��

Match abandoned which means both of our games against the bottom teams in the group have been rained off - still, you’d like to think that one win from our remaining games, both at home, will see us in the knock out phase.

Excellent innings by Selman today.

Match abandoned which means both of our games against the bottom teams in the group have been rained off - still, you’d like to think that one win from our remaining games, both at home, will see us in the knock out phase.

Excellent innings by Selman today.
    Annoying. We have to win the group to be guaranteed a semi final place. We may need to win both games. One win should be enough for too three though and a chance of the semi finals.

Notts in plenty of bother atm. 29/5 after 10 overs in a reduced 23 overs game with a man retired injured.

Notts 75 all out. Somerset struggling in their game. Our run rate is very good too Looking good.

Great bowling performance. Weighell bowled the best I've seen him. Brilliant all round

Could do with Leics pulling something out of the bag against Somerset today and Notts beating Northants. With the weather atm in London, Surrey/Warks ending in a tie wouldn’t hurt either, haha.

Could do with Leics pulling something out of the bag against Somerset today and Notts beating Northants. With the weather atm in London, Surrey/Warks ending in a tie wouldn’t hurt either, haha.
    Surrey win, but SomerSet and Northants lose - seems to me that we can lose on Thursday and are still likely to top the group given our net run rate.

The foxes chase down a total I didn’t expect them to at Taunton. Notts edge a thriller at Grantham. Surrey run out comfortable victors at the Oval. Not a bad set of results for us and I think means we’ve qualified regardless of results on Thursday, maybe even as winners with number of wins and run rate?

Surrey win, but SomerSet and Northants lose - seems to me that we can lose on Thursday and are still likely to top the group given our net run rate.
    I think so, baring some collapse à la Notts in Cardiff.

This has been an enjoyable tournament, helped by Glammy doing well ofc, lot of permutations at play on Thursday.

If it’s the semis then wondering if the game will go ahead at Sophia Gardens with the franchise game taking place the next evening?

I think so, baring some collapse à la Notts in Cardiff.

This has been an enjoyable tournament, helped by Glammy doing well ofc, lot of permutations at play on Thursday.

If it’s the semis then wondering if the game will go ahead at Sophia Gardens with the franchise game taking place the next evening?
    Pretty sure it would be the Glamorgan game that would have to be moved, but I doubt it if it will come to that - it’ll be interesting to see how the crowds compare if they’re both played in Cardiff.

Yorkshire recovering to 185-7 with an unbroken fifty stand - they have nine overs left to bat and I think they’re headed for a good score for Cardiff unless we bowl them out.

Looks a competitive enough total with those seen so far at Sophia Gardens this year. Let Yorks get away with it a little towards the end but bowled out within the fifty overs. 231 to win then.