Every Welsh Fire game has either been a sell-out, or 10k+. A quick look at Glamorgan's pre-covid financial statements show £0.6m revenue from membership fees & ticket sales per annum... the Welsh Fire will exceed this in just four games.

I'm a Glamorgan supporter, but since I live down the road from Sophia Gardens, I've been to every Welsh Fire game as well. Regardless of the fact that the Welsh Fire have the worst cricketing managing team of any franchise (and the performance reflects as such) the crowds are enjoying the games - smiles all round when leaving the ground, and mainly children. It'll be interesting to see to what extent performances actually impacts crowd-levels. We'll see next week given there's a game on both the Monday and the Friday evening.

We have to accept that there aren't many avid cricketing fans in Wales. Most people will settle for seeing just a handful of games every season. The problem for Glamorgan is that those people can now get their fix from the Welsh Fire.

Pains me to say it, but I think Welsh Fire is here to stay and there should be more concern around Glamorgan's future. A handful of people watching Glamorgan games on the streams and then discussing it on a football message board does not pay the bills.