+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hypothetical Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hypothetical Question

If you were a long time Manchester City fan would being found guilty of the charges resulting in relegation to wherever devastate you or would you take it on the chin and regard it as the start of a new adventure.

I ask this as my nephew, he’s over 50, has been a season ticket holder at Maine Rd & The Etihad since he was a nipper. He’s seen the ‘basket case’ club scenario there right through to the ‘domination’ years of the present. He and his mates, all Burnage/Didsbury boys don’t actually seem too concerned. They’re of the attitude, ‘We’ve seen it all, more or less, won it all, stripping of titles doesn’t take away the memories of being there whilst winning them, that can never be taken away’. As I mentioned, they’d view relegation as a new challenge and another big part of their club’s story. There’s bugger all they can do should it happen, so enjoy the ride sort of thing.

He doesn’t give a shite should the ‘new’ fans who’ve recently joined bandwagon seek pastures new, he does realise that commercially the new fans have added to the club’s finances but he and his mates wouldn’t be fazed if they went back to their 30,000 hardcore Mancunians.

He’s travelled down today and his lot treat the matches something akin to what I do, 90 minutes in the middle of a good day out. They’re staying on a narrow boat in Uxbridge tonight, obviously hoping for a win.

If Cardiff City were in the same situation, would demotion devastate you or would you have the ‘here we go again’ attitude and start looking forward to away grounds that you haven’t visited lately?

Re: Hypothetical Question

Devastate is too strong its only football.

However being stripped of everything as youve effectively been found to have cheated your way to everything would be terrible. Probably worse than ending in the Conference.

Dont think it will happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Devastate is too strong its only football.

However being stripped of everything as youve effectively been found to have cheated your way to everything would be terrible. Probably worse than ending in the Conference.
    I guess that depends on how you define cheating’. If you think FFP is a load of bollocks to begin with, you wouldn’t really view it as cheating. And I think FFP is a load of bollocks.

Agree 100%. FFP was only thought of by the big clubs at the time as a way to keep the then status quo. Unfortunately for them city gatecrashed the party. Hopefully Newcastle do the same in time