+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    What a stunning win, I didn’t think they had enough overs left to get the wickets but what an extraordinary win!
    My missus asked if I was checking the scores earlier, 'no point I said, no chance of taking 10 wickets on that track' . Hogan, Neser, Northeast and Ingram must be 4 of the best players in the country this year. Everytime they play they perform!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bloody useless game this four day cricket!

Bring back the 3 day I say

Oh hang on.........

Glammy Glammy morgan morgan

What a truly amazing win !

With so many records broken in one game, this match will go down in the annals of cricket history.

Wowzers. What a match.

Anyone in their early 20s needs to buy the Glamorgan yearbook at the end of the season.In fifty years time it will be worth a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Oh my.
    That was wonderful. So many records broken today with Leicestershire recording the most runs scored in a first innings to then go on and lose the match by an innings.
    Fabulous stuff.
    That's 2 teams we both support Pearcey

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post

With so many records broken in one game, this match will go down in the annals of cricket history.
    incredible, and a free stream to watch it as well - Glammy Glammy

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post

And don't forget 4 of our 5 wickets were out without reaching double figures!

A wonderful performance.

Records Broken

Glamorgan's highest County Championship score

Highest individual score by a Glamorgan batsman

Highest 6th wicket partnership for Glamorgan

Highest partnership for any wicket for Glamorgan

Most runs scored in one day by a Glamorgan batsman

Highest first innings score by a side losing by an innings in the County Championship

exceptional stuff and great to be able to watch it online.

well played Glammy!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Records Broken

Highest first innings score by a side losing by an innings in the County Championship
    Spiffing!

There will be a few Glamorgan stalwarts who witnessed this amazing victory having been on the receiving end of such stats far too often.

So pleased for them 👏 👏 👏

The frustrating thing is that’s it for the four day game for Glamorgan for five weeks or so now and when it starts up again, our team will be missing Ingram and Neser. One of the two overseas vacancies will be filled by the New Zealand spinner Patel and it shouldn’t be forgotten that we’ve got a good seamer in Van Der Gugten to come back, but we need to get the second overseas signing right and I wouldn’t be averse to looking into the possibility of a loan signing to help the promotion cause.

That leads on to what has become quite normal in cricket in recent years - teams finishing one season without knowing for sure what the format will be for the following one. Although the current plan is for the top two in Division Two to be promoted, there’s talk, for example, of there being three smaller divisions next season because there appears to be a definite drive among the powers that be to reduce the amount of four day cricket even further, so it might be that a second place finish this season would see us merely scrape into a new Division Two.

The frustrating thing is that’s it for the four day game for Glamorgan for five weeks or so now and when it starts up again, our team will be missing Ingram and Neser. One of the two overseas vacancies will be filled by the New Zealand spinner Patel and it shouldn’t be forgotten that we’ve got a good seamer in Van Der Gugten to come back, but we need to get the second overseas signing right and I wouldn’t be averse to looking into the possibility of a loan signing to help the promotion cause.

That leads on to what has become quite normal in cricket in recent years - teams finishing one season without knowing for sure what the format will be for the following one. Although the current plan is for the top two in Division Two to be promoted, there’s talk, for example, of there being three smaller divisions next season because there appears to be a definite drive among the powers that be to reduce the amount of four day cricket even further, so it might be that a second place finish this season would see us merely scrape into a new Division Two.
    As was sh0wn by his bowling yesterday we shall badly miss Neser.

It was his sheer pace that got the final wicket yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This really is the cricket equivalent of ‘Get into ‘em, f*ck ‘em up’ now.
    We really did get into ‘em and f*cked ‘em up, fantastic performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    That's 2 teams we both support Pearcey
    I didn’t know you were a Reading supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Records Broken

Some incredible records broken in an incredible win

wow I did not see that coming

No four day game for Glamorgan this week, but there are a couple of important Division Two matches being played. Middlesex will go above us again if they avoid defeat at Durham and two other contenders play each other as Worcestershire take on Derbyshire.

No four day game for Glamorgan this week, but there are a couple of important Division Two matches being played. Middlesex will go above us again if they avoid defeat at Durham and two other contenders play each other as Worcestershire take on Derbyshire.
    1st week of september next fixture i think the county championship is slowly being wound down for all the bish bash

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    1st week of september next fixture i think the county championship is slowly being wound down for all the bish bash
    Fraid so, although the fifty over game appears to have a lot of powerful critics lately and so I can, perhaps, see that being the format to really suffer - it certainly won’t be the T20 and not quite T20.

Derbyshire 14-5.

4 rounds of games in September is certainly optimistic. Hoping the weather holds. Good start for Durham against Middlesex, would be a great result for us if middlesex lose.

Another hundred for Bevan and 75 off 28 balls for Douthwaite as Glamorgan seconds scored 394-6 in a fifty over friendly with Northants today.

Derbyshire 14-5.
    All out for 130 and now Worcestershire 26-3.

At this rate it will be all over some time tomorrow (Day 2)!