+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Yeah I thought it was a good one. They need a miracle to score those runs and 105 overs is enough to give us a good chance of bowling them out. He's a weird one that Fletcher, him and Patterson haven't really looked on it all game. Probably a strange thing to say about the table toppers, but Notts don't look like a particularly coherent or united team. Lots of misfields, and lots of petulance by the likes of Fletcher. Maybe they're used to rolling over sides and don't like the fact that we're taking it to tthem for the 2nd time this year.
    Like many pundits pre season, I had them as finishing first (which they’re doing a decent job of) but having only got to watch them when they’ve played Glamorgan I’d have to agree with some of what you’re saying. In these two games at least they’ve not seemed particularly better than others in this division that we’ve faced.

We’re not far off matching them so far this season. What does seem noticeable though is how many batting points we’ve picked up (or not) in comparison. It does seem like we do better in the second innings than the first.

All getting tight and interesting at the top of the table. Got ourselves into a great position yesterday so here’s hoping we get into them early and see some wickets fall.

Could be very hard work today. I hope our Aussies slept well.

Last time Notts played a four day game in Cardiff, Ingram and Cooke batted all through the fourth day to earn a draw for Glamorgan - t reckon the newly capped Salter will get a lot of bowling today, but wickets have changed in the last ten to twenty years, they don't tend to deteriorate as much as they once did, so I think the draw has to be the most likely outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Last time Notts played a four day game in Cardiff, Ingram and Cooke batted all through the fourth day to earn a draw for Glamorgan - t reckon the newly capped Salter will get a lot of bowling today, but wickets have changed in the last ten to twenty years, they don't tend to deteriorate as much as they once did, so I think the draw has to be the most likely outcome.
    Lets hope the bowlers can rattle through the Notts line up early on while the ball is hard and hopefully swings or seams.
    Then as you say over to Salter ......

Howzat !!! 21-2 Montgomery lbw b Harris

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Howzat !!! 21-2 Montgomery lbw b Harris
    Feel we left it too long to declare. Hope we can get through them today.

Big moment perhaps? Slater caught and bowled Ingram - two wickets before lunch is okay.

Get in there Ingram. Slater looked crushed. Absolute pie that gets slammed for 4, then bowls a nice loopy, flighted delivery that slater knocks straight back to him.

88-3 at lunch.

We probably want force the win but it says an awful lot that the League leaders have spent the final four sessions of this game totally on the defensive. We will close right in on Middlesex and have a serious shot at promotion.
    I loved Carlson’s celebrations for his wicket.

Neser is bowling absolute rockets. Don't switch off just yet

Match drawn. Excellent effort and performance. There smly wasn’t enough in the pitch.

Glamorgan have played the league leaders twice now and been the better side on both occasions - we’ve definitely got a chance of a top two finish, but we need to get our recruitment for the closing games of the season right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Match drawn. Excellent effort and performance. There smly wasn’t enough in the pitch.
    Sophia Gardens wickets are a bit iffy and lifeless. Neser didn't get his deserved rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Sophia Gardens wickets are a bit iffy and lifeless. Neser didn't get his deserved rewards.
    Agreed, the pitches at Cardiff have been a problem for some time, in fact there are plenty around the country that just do not wear and tend to get easier to bat on as the game goes on. The Notts game was played in mostly hot, sunny conditions on a pitch that didn't havea great deal of moisture in it on day one - time was, that would be a recipe for the pitch to start to crumble or even disintegrate as the game went on and the spinners would come into their own in the second half of the contest, but it doesn't happen any more at most grounds - for whatever reason, pitches don't deteriorate like they used to and that makes for less of a spectacle in my book.

Agreed, the pitches at Cardiff have been a problem for some time, in fact there are plenty around the country that just do not wear and tend to get easier to bat on as the game goes on. The Notts game was played in mostly hot, sunny conditions on a pitch that didn't havea great deal of moisture in it on day one - time was, that would be a recipe for the pitch to start to crumble or even disintegrate as the game went on and the spinners would come into their own in the second half of the contest, but it doesn't happen any more at most grounds - for whatever reason, pitches don't deteriorate like they used to and that makes for less of a spectacle in my book.
    Heard in the commentary that they have to now make a pitch last the four days and the commentator said it is ruining it for spinners, did not know myself there was such a rule.

Good effort, pitch did look very flat. Would also be fair to say that the spinners on display probably weren't the highest quality in terms of wicket taking ability. Talk that we may be getting ravi ashwin in as one of the replacements when Ingram/neser leave, think he'd be a very good signing.

Still think we are going into matches a bowler light at the moment. If timm does come back next game I hope it's in place of a batsman

Ashwin would be a cracking signing. Van Der Gugten will be a decent option when Neser returns to Aus.

Ashwin would be a cracking signing. Van Der Gugten will be a decent option when Neser returns to Aus.
    Even Ashwin would struggle to get much out of that pitch yesterday though

Even Ashwin would struggle to get much out of that pitch yesterday though
    True but he would be a big upgrade on Salter

True but he would be a big upgrade on Salter
    Fair enough and he’d be great to have coming in around nos. 6 to 8.

There’s a women’s fifty over game between England and South Africa taking place this afternoon at Leicester where it’s expected to reach 37 degrees. The good news for Glamorgan is that their match with Leicestershire has been put back a day to Wednesday because of today’s game - the forecast for Leicester tomorrow is for the temperature in Leicester to reach 40 degrees.

Ben Stokes retires from fifty over one day international cricket.

Looks a very, very flat pitch at Leicester, the home side are 32-0 and I’ve not seen a ball beat the bat yet.

if its anything like the one the women played on you could bat forever