+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Spinners doing well but it’s been pretty sloppy generally in the field. Some glaring missed chances.

What a shocking LBW decision that was against Cooke, can’t see Glamorgan winning this.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What a shocking LBW decision that was against Cooke, can’t see Glamorgan winning this.
    Probably said the same last week in the Kent game

This has been a very disappointing batting effort although the decision against Cooke was very poor as it was clearly going down leg side.

I used to follow Glamorgan CC club through the sixties...even saw Malcolm Nash hit for six sixes in an over v Australia in Swansea....
    Lost interest when leagues etc introduced.

BUT...if I could change one thing it would be the title of this thread......GLAMMY....come on...what is that??? Glamorgan ccc

Salter stumped off a wide...only he had made his ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I used to follow Glamorgan CC club through the sixties...even saw Malcolm Nash hit for six sixes in an over v Australia in Swansea....

BUT...if I could change one thing it would be the title of this thread......GLAMMY....come on...what is that??? Glamorgan ccc
    Not the one hit by that legendary Aussie Sir Garfield shirley?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

Ah, the famous six sixes by that famous Australian Gary Sobers who was playing for Notts when he did that extraordinary feat at St Helen’s

First time I've been down to watch Glamorgan in a few years. The first observation I have is the wicket was poor. Even in club cricket I don't think I've heard the noise of shots coming off the bottom of the bat so often. Spoilt it as a spectacle as no one managed to time the ball all day. And my only other observation having watched him play test match cricket on TV is how on earth is Dom Bess a professional cricketer? The boy isn't even a decent club player.

Going back to the Hundred, one player has just almost scored as many as the whole Welsh Fire team does in a typical game. Will Smede scored the competition’s first century. Glamorgan got Smeded down in Taunton a few weeks back in theT20.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    First time I've been down to watch Glamorgan in a few years. The first observation I have is the wicket was poor. Even in club cricket I don't think I've heard the noise of shots coming off the bottom of the bat so often. Spoilt it as a spectacle as no one managed to time the ball all day. And my only other observation having watched him play test match cricket on TV is how on earth is Dom Bess a professional cricketer? The boy isn't even a decent club player.
    Glamorgan’s one day pitches have been poor all season, but the one for the England T20 game was a perfect example of what you want for a game when the crowd come along to watch people hitting sixes - there were only two sixes hit in today’s game wasn’t there?

Three sixes Paul. Weighell hit a six near the end

Strangely enough this strip was actually the only decent batting track we've had down there all year. Unfortunately , by my reckoning this was the 3rd match on the strip so it's now as slow as the rest of them !!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Three sixes Paul. Weighell hit a six near the end
    Yeah, just noticed that - I’d given up on it by then.

I see that six was Weighell’s only boundary, yet he scored thirty odd and Carlson only hit two fours in his sixty four.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    They care about it to turn up to watch it more than any Glamorgan game here ever.

I can appreciate most of the other arguments but saying nobody cares about it here when they have just broken the domestic cricket crowd record is nonsense.
    Because they have a plethora of free tickets and it is cricket. People don't care about Welsh Fire. The same as they wouldn't care if they were called the Mumbai Indians Welsh Fire. Nobody has formed a deep emotional attachment to a team formed 5 minutes ago. If they gave the same marketing and funding to Glammy, you'd get the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Because they have a plethora of free tickets and it is cricket. People don't care about Welsh Fire. The same as they wouldn't care if they were called the Mumbai Indians Welsh Fire. Nobody has formed a deep emotional attachment to a team formed 5 minutes ago. If they gave the same marketing and funding to Glammy, you'd get the same result.
    Agreed and the difference being there would be an emotional attachment to Glammy.

Glamorgan 9-2 and the horribly out of form Lloyd is still in.

Make that 13-3 and Lloyd’s still in.

Glamorgan 9-2 and the horribly out of form Lloyd is still in.

Make that 13-3 and Lloyd’s still in.
    Lose today which is now very likely and we are pretty much out of contention. Very poor start

We can kiss this one goodbye.

That was dismal. Northants knocked off over 340 on this pitch a few days ago. We look miles short.

That was dismal. Northants knocked off over 340 on this pitch a few days ago. We look miles short.
    It did seem to be turning a fair bit for Zaib, so if Salter and Ingram bowl well (think Carlson will give himself a few overs as well) you never know and we may have a chance because there was something for the new ball bowlers as well for a while, but it’s a very quick outfield and we look about fifty short of a par score to me.

It did seem to be turning a fair bit for Zaib, so if Salter and Ingram bowl well (think Carlson will give himself a few overs as well) you never know and we may have a chance because there was something for the new ball bowlers as well for a while, but it’s a very quick outfield and we look about fifty short of a par score to me.
    Make that 150 short

Make that 150 short
    Yeah, all of the good work of the Derby win is being undone - getting close to the time to concentrate on the four day game.

This is a real hammering!!

Defeat by six wickets - four wickets late on for Carlson.