+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Really poor from Maynard. We threw that away. It’s bad enough having one non opener in Salter but to start the second innings with Gorvin opening up with him was just stupid. It was always going to see us two down in no time at all. Follow that with Labuschagne’s brain dead hook shot and the writing was on the wall.

This Salter experiment must now end irrespective of whether Byrom is fit when we return to red ball cricket

Acccording to the Telegraph former Glamorgan coach Matthew Mott is set to be announced as England's white ball coach in the next 48 hours.

Mott confirmed as England white ball coach.

Matthew Potts, who blew Glamorgan away on the weekend, in the England squad for the first two tests against New Zealand along with in form Yorkshire batsman Harry Brook - Anderson, Broad, Crawley, Pope, Overton and Leach included in a thirteen man squad.

Anyone desperate to see some live cricket can watch a stream of Glamorgan seconds’ friendly with Somerset starting at twelve on the club website - reckon there may be a fair few first team players involved.

First Team

Is it possible to watch T20 games like the 4-day games somewhere other than (is it) Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Is it possible to watch T20 games like the 4-day games somewhere other than (is it) Sky?
    I doubt there will be any coverage on the Glammy streaming service. I will check tonight. If there is a stream I will post confirmation on here.

Smile Re: GLAMMY

According to my son the game is available in YouTube via Sussex cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I doubt there will be any coverage on the Glammy streaming service. I will check tonight. If there is a stream I will post confirmation on here.
    The club website says the game is being streamed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The club website says the game is being streamed.
    Excellent. See above post too

Feeling positive about this campaign. Sam Northeast is a good addition to the batting lineup, marnus up top, good all rounders. We've also got a huge boost compared to last year, in losing cookes awful captaincy.

Yep the Glammy stream is up and running

Glamorgan have put Sussex in to bat. Douthwaite, Sisodya and John Cooke in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glamorgan have put Sussex in to bat. Douthwaite, Sisodya and John Cooke in the side.
    Douthwaite likely to be expensive. Joe Cooke did really well in the RLC last season.

Luke Wright has given us so many problems over the years. I cannot believe Bopara is still playing

Very good so far from glamorgan. Pitch looks flat as can be and the boundaries are tiny. 190 looks par on this. We've got them 71/3 after 9

Rizwan looks very good. Luckily the wickets tumbling has kept him a bit quieter. Very good from glamorgan so far .

Superb fielding throughout. Fantastic catch by Labuschagne. Also excellent field placements.

3 for 26 for Hogan in his 4 overs. Unbelievable bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Superb fielding throughout. Fantastic catch by Labuschagne. Also excellent field placements.
    Was a brilliant catch. Agree about the field placements. They've been spot on, along with the bowling changes.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Was a brilliant catch. Agree about the field placements. They've been spot on, along with the bowling changes.
    Really spot on display. Sam Northeast looks a great acquisition in all forms of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    3 for 26 for Hogan in his 4 overs. Unbelievable bowler
    I’d like to see him stay on for another season. What a player.
    That was a terrific performance. Northeast is just what we need. A steady and experienced batsmen to play alongside the aggressive Lloyd, Labuschagne and Carlson.
    I thought the Sussex commentary team were very fair.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Really spot on display. Sam Northeast looks a great acquisition in all forms of the game.
    Yeah definitely. Think he'll be huge for us in the t20's. Played the anchor role today, but he's got the ability to really put his foot down aswell. Marnus looked really destructive, must have been gutted to get out to that ball.

Good start to the campaign that, fairly controlled and comfortable on the whole. First time we’ve won down at Hove in the short stuff apparently, was there where I think Ingram carried his bat in a victory at Arundel.

Hopefully the start of a good weekend, going to the Oval with some work colleagues tomorrow and should be at Radlett to tick off a new out ground for me on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Good start to the campaign that, fairly controlled and comfortable on the whole. First time we’ve won down at Hove in the short stuff apparently, was there where I think Ingram carried his bat in a victory at Arundel.

Hopefully the start of a good weekend, going to the Oval with some work colleagues tomorrow and should be at Radlett to tick off a new out ground for me on Sunday.
    Hope you get to see at least one Glammy win. Going to Sophia Gardens next Thursday for my first live game in three years.