+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Sophia Gardens wickets are a bit iffy and lifeless. Neser didn't get his deserved rewards.
    Agreed, the pitches at Cardiff have been a problem for some time, in fact there are plenty around the country that just do not wear and tend to get easier to bat on as the game goes on. The Notts game was played in mostly hot, sunny conditions on a pitch that didn't havea great deal of moisture in it on day one - time was, that would be a recipe for the pitch to start to crumble or even disintegrate as the game went on and the spinners would come into their own in the second half of the contest, but it doesn't happen any more at most grounds - for whatever reason, pitches don't deteriorate like they used to and that makes for less of a spectacle in my book.

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, the pitches at Cardiff have been a problem for some time, in fact there are plenty around the country that just do not wear and tend to get easier to bat on as the game goes on. The Notts game was played in mostly hot, sunny conditions on a pitch that didn't havea great deal of moisture in it on day one - time was, that would be a recipe for the pitch to start to crumble or even disintegrate as the game went on and the spinners would come into their own in the second half of the contest, but it doesn't happen any more at most grounds - for whatever reason, pitches don't deteriorate like they used to and that makes for less of a spectacle in my book.
    Heard in the commentary that they have to now make a pitch last the four days and the commentator said it is ruining it for spinners, did not know myself there was such a rule.