+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 93 of 221 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    All the wickets have fallen just after I have stopped watching.

So I am watching the odd over then going back to the IPL!
    Elwood strikes again

Twice

7 down last time

9 down now

Back to the IPL!

193 a/o. Really outstanding effort. Today will run on until around 7pm so still plenty of play today but with a lead of 137 we have a real chance here. Important to try and bat for a day if possible and set them 400.

Well, this has been a roller-coaster! Doing our best to undo the efforts of the first innings here sadly.

33 for 4 from 10 overs

Why can't batsmen play stay in at all cost innings anymore. Seems to be becoming a dying art

Could be the pitch has deteriorated so much it's impossible to bat. 100 could be enough!

34-4, oh dear. At least the seconds won their four day game at Somerset today.

They need to dig in. Still plenty of overs to bowl today

68-4 at the close.

Root and Cooke did well to see that out. A lead of 205 is good but we really could do with setting at least 300 and ideally a fair few more.

At 29/4 I was thinking typical glam. That's a good recovery though to end on 68/4. I'd have happily taken that at start of innings. We are essentially 205/4 going into day 3, on a pitch that is offering a lot to pace bowlers

Nice to finally see 20 overs batted without losing a wicket. Top order need to start trying that!!

However very pleased overall thought we'd struggle in this match

Just popped to the chippy and a fella asked me about the Glammy cap I had on, turned out it was Frank Griffiths https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran...th_(cricketer). Had a brief chat about the day’s play, Waqar Younis and Abergavenny CC. Apparently was set to sign for Glamorgan at some point. Seemed a nice fella!

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Nice to finally see 20 overs batted without losing a wicket. Top order need to start trying that!!

However very pleased overall thought we'd struggle in this match
    It's great to see this cricket thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Just popped to the chippy and a fella asked me about the Glammy cap I had on, turned out it was Frank Griffiths https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran...th_(cricketer). Had a brief chat about the day’s play, Waqar Younis and Abergavenny CC. Apparently was set to sign for Glamorgan at some point. Seemed a nice fella!
    I vaguely remember him, he would have done well to get into our side of the mid nineties.

161/4 at lunch. An excellent morning and with a 298 lead we are well on top. Bat for another session and with a 400 lead we would be well set

I wonder if the weather will save Yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    161/4 at lunch. An excellent morning and with a 298 lead we are well on top. Bat for another session and with a 400 lead we would be well set
    Hope Root can get the twenty odd runs he needs for his hundred, he deserves one in this game. It was raining in the minutes leading up to lunch, but I don't think the forecast is too bad. My main concern now is that modern day Headingley pitches can get flatter and flatter as the game goes on and so It may become really tough for us to bowl them out a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hope Root can get the twenty odd runs he needs for his hundred, he deserves one in this game. It was raining in the minutes leading up to lunch, but I don't think the forecast is too bad. My main concern now is that modern day Headingley pitches can get flatter and flatter as the game goes on and so It may become really tough for us to bowl them out a second time.
    I was watching pre lunch and surprised they didn’t come off for the rain. Hope the weather doesn’t spoil this. Even with the pitch becoming flatter I would fancy us getting a few wickets after tea especially as Yorkshire have spent most of the match fielding.

According to the BBC commentary, Fisher and coad are injured and unable to bowl. Woulr be interested to know if they can bat or not.
    Can't believe I'm saying this at lunch of day 3 v Yorkshire. But maybe 1 big session, 450 lead, and 5 sessions to bowl at them

Is that right on the stream - it's bloody snowing Ground looks completely white

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Is that right on the stream - it's bloody snowing Ground looks completely white
    You couldn't make it up could you.
    Our luck is poxed

Imagine what it's like in Derby, they must be on red alert!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I wonder if the weather will save Yorkshire
    No more play today and the forecast isn’t great tomorrow. Yorkshire will escape with a draw but an excellent performance from the Glammy boys.

That weather comment looks stupid, but I made a point of looking at the weather forecast for Leeds this morning and it was for an occasional light rain shower

That weather comment looks stupid, but I made a point of looking at the weather forecast for Leeds this morning and it was for an occasional light rain shower
    I looked at the one for Headingley with rain throughout this afternoon and rain tomorrow pm too. Annoyingly yesterday it was forecasting a completely dry day tomorrow. Very frustrating. You never know the rain may hold off tomorrow but it’s going to be very hard to force a win now.