+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 94 of 221 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Play has stopped in the Masters due to unexpected inclement weather too!
    FFS

Edit: IPL it is

So disapointing with the weather. Think we deserve a win here the way we've played. Would be great if we can get the win, but a hugely encouraging performance whatever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    So disapointing with the weather. Think we deserve a win here the way we've played. Would be great if we can get the win, but a hugely encouraging performance whatever happens.
    Never mind, Masters is back on!

Glam 241-4 declared. Tons for Root and Cooke. 70 odd overs to bowl Yorkshire out which could be a very tough ask on what looks a pretty flat track. Great start to the county season though against a much fancied Yorkshire side.

241-4 declared, Yorkshire have seventy five overs to get 379 I think it is. Hundreds for Root (he got to his ton off his brother's bowling) and Cooke.

A good partnership of 200+ after being in trouble at 29-4.

Why on earth did they bat on today? The forecast is turning after lunch and we had to set about them early on. Far too defensive in what has been an encouraging start generally.

Do we need 8,9 or 10 wickets is the big question? 1 down already

32-2 at lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Why on earth did they bat on today? The forecast is turning after lunch and we had to set about them early on. Far too defensive in what has been an encouraging start generally.
    There’s eight points for a draw - the chance of losing them hardly encourages adventurous declarations.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There’s eight points for a draw - the chance of losing them hardly encourages adventurous declarations.
    I think it’s five points for a draw. Would like to have seen Cooke declare when we were 350 ahead. In the scheme of things the worst we will get is a draw having outplayed Yorkshire. Loads of positives and you never know we may still force the win if the weather holds.

Joe Root out, 47-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think it’s five points for a draw. Would like to have seen Cooke declare when we were 350 ahead. In the scheme of things the worst we will get is a draw having outplayed Yorkshire. Loads of positives and you never know we may still force the win if the weather holds.
    It's eight for the Bob Willis Trophy, as opposed to the five in the Championship, according to the commentators this morning.

It's eight for the Bob Willis Trophy, as opposed to the five in the Championship, according to the commentators this morning.
    Yep,you’re right Paul.Seems a little negative really.

Snow stops play with Yorkshire 116-3.

Cracking effort by Glamorgan. Some great batting performances. Also really nice to see Hogan being as effective against one of the 'better' sides as he is in division 2.

Really hoping we can somehow get our way into the top 2 in this first group. With the addition of Marnus and Neser from game 5 there's every chance we could realistically have a crack at winning the tournament.

Cracking effort by Glamorgan. Some great batting performances. Also really nice to see Hogan being as effective against one of the 'better' sides as he is in division 2.

Really hoping we can somehow get our way into the top 2 in this first group. With the addition of Marnus and Neser from game 5 there's every chance we could realistically have a crack at winning the tournament.
    My understanding is we could win the group and still go out - I'm sure the two group winners with the best record go straight into the Final.

I agree about our performance - apart from when we were reduced to 130 odd for 7 in the first innings, we bossed the game throughout when my reaction when I saw we were starting our season at Headingley was that we'd do well to take the game into a fourth day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep,you’re right Paul.Seems a little negative really.
    I heard another discussion on this since I first posted about - apparently, they agreed on eight points because, with so many games being played late last season, they thought there might be quite a few games badly affected by the weather, so they didn't want some teams effectively penalised through no fault of their own.

I thought it changes halfway, so the top 2 from each group then make the top group of 6. The top 2 from the top group then play the final. It did all seem slightly convoluted mind

seems to be a new streaming set up for thursday

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    seems to be a new streaming set up for thursday
    https://glamorgancricket.com/news/gl...ervice-in-2021

The weather's set fair for all four days as well looking at the forecast, but I said something like that shortly before the snow arrived in Leeds

A reminder that the whole of the four day match against Sussex starting today will be streamed live on Glamorgan’s website.

A reminder that the whole of the four day match against Sussex starting today will be streamed live on Glamorgan’s website.
    nice new stream

Very good recovery by carlson and David Lloyd. Nice to see Lloyd at the top of the order and given freedom.

He's been a very good one day opener for us, and a very very poor championship middle order batsman. Opening the innings and allowing him to play his shots seems to be how you get the best out of him.
    Good supporting performance from Carlson aswell. 120/3 at lunch, after being 23/3 early on

The commentator was saying that Glamorgan's early batsmen missed straight balls when they were out and it looked a bit like that to me - we've lost three, four and three wickets before we've reached 35 in our three innings so far, but it's encouraging to see that we've fought back each time whereas we'd have been looking at no more than 200 from a situation like those before.