Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
That's very harsh on Meschede who is really a bowling all rounder. I would very much stick him in the one for the future category, and i think there is promise in his game.

Its hard to complain about your 7 & 8 who are not performing with the bat, but ultimately that is not their job, it the top order that is constantly failing that is the problem. I would like to see a new overseas player come in, but i think contractually that will prove difficult.

At Glamorgan we seem to be going through coaches at an alarming rate, and now we seem to want our CEO out. I wouldnt mind seeing some stability, this season if anything we have the progression of some of the younger players, who might benefit from staying in the same structure.

If we can do anything with the overseas player, get Ingram through a knee op to enable him to play the longer form and sign an experienced top order batsman things could get better.
Meschede is mid 20's and is an experienced player so not really one for the future. If he is a bowling all rounder he needs to do better than a bowling average of 52 which is pretty hopeless.
I agree coaches should be given a proper chance and given three seasons to show what they can do. I think the same should apply to the Chief Exec.
We have seen some promise in our youngsters but the seniors are badly letting them down. It won't help the younger players playing in a beaten side week in week out.

Under Hugh Morris we are going backwards so something has to give.