Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
I can see both arguments in relation to The Hundred.
Yes, with the investment and marketing aimed at the Hundred they could have pushed the T20 game onto the next level in this country but then you have to have faith in your Glamorgan's of this world to put together a competitive squad. I'm being kind in saying they couldn't organise a pi$$ up in a brewery at the moment and Glamorgan need big change and a new direction. The likes of Walker going should sound alarm bells as they are reacting to the opportunities they are getting and the way the club is run.

I think a few aspects of the Hundred are done well. The draft system being one. You at least come away from that thinking you've got a competitive team on paper.
Glamorgan's performance in the T20 this term has been nothing short of woeful. The Hundred will breathe some much needed life into cricket at Sophia Gardens.
It's just a shame old Mark Dripford has seen that the crowds are reduced to 2,000. While having 8,000 at City (a tighter, more covered ground. It's ridiculous.
Totally agree re the franchise system. Its not always been something I like the idea of. But looking around the world it seems to be very much the way that works. It's pretty much an integral part of launching a new competition. It's a shame that we've been so late to the party in getting this kind of competition going, the big bash is 8 or 9 years old now and we are only just learning the lessons