Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Yes, 2020 and 2021 is something of a blur to me because what was going on with Covid, so I did forget about crowd restrictions in Wales, but the Hundred ran from 21 July to 21 August I think it was last year and crowds were allowed back at City in early August for the start of the Championship season, I assume it was the same with cricket.

The 2022 Wisden carries the following details of Welsh Fire crowds in 2021, the total attendance for their four matches was 22,280 with their smallest gate being 3,021 and their largest 9,261 which rather sounds like they had two games of restricted crowds and two of unrestricted ones. By way of comparison, the men’s Champions, Southern Braves were the only other team to have at least one attendance of below five figures with their smallest crowd being 9,204. Sixth in the average crowd table were the Northern Superchargers with 11,475 compared to the Southern Braves’ 10,786, so there’s a chance the Welsh Fire may be able to better those figures if the sort of crowds seen in their first two home matches are maintained - I still don’t think they’ll be maintained in the medium to long term without an improvement in results for one or both of the teams.
All four Welsh Fire home games last year were subject to some level of restriction. All four were sell-outs.