+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Why do they insist on making the pitches so low scoring in Cardiff??

You can earn more bonus points by batting yet any score over 250 seems really unlikely. Guess you get less draws when a match lasts 7 sessions though we normally turn those draws into defeats!!!

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Why do they insist on making the pitches so low scoring in Cardiff??

You can earn more bonus points by batting yet any score over 250 seems really unlikely. Guess you get less draws when a match lasts 7 sessions though we normally turn those draws into defeats!!!
    Once again, the large majority of the wickets taken in a game at Cardiff have been LBW or bowled and this pitch does not look as green as some have done this season. The overhead conditions are not that bad, so I’m struggling to see why the pitch has been so bowler friendly this season although the high number of LBWs might be down to the current fad of batsmen seeming to want to play a version of French cricket by standing in front of their stumps.

I thought Lancashire would put together a match winning score today, but the truth is that Glamorgan need to score more than they did in the first innings (when I thought they wasted a great chance) to win - Lancashire must still be favourites.