+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

First Team

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    114-8, Byrom could end up carrying his bat.

Meanwhile, Eoin Morgan retires from international cricket - he, more than anyone else, transformed how England played one day cricket.
    He has to go down as one of the most influential skippers in limited over cricket.

What a legacy he leaves behind.

197-4. 135 more needed. You never know!!

Going along lovely but then Ingram out for 102.
    228 for 5.
    Lot on Root's shoulders now, 102 to win now, but you just know what's gonna happen.

228-5

Ingram gone for 102 unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    228 for 5.
    Lot on Root's shoulders now but you just know what's gonna happen.
    Snap!!

Thought that lbw decision on Ingram looked a bit on the high side. Think Worcestershire have to be slight favourites because the new ball is available first thing and this is a situation where we could do with a hitter like Weighell in the team - a quick thirty may prove crucial, but I think if we do win, it will be by maintaining our three an over scoring rate because we don’t have any really big hitters to come.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thought that lbw decision on Ingram looked a bit on the high side. Think Worcestershire have to be slight favourites because the new ball is available first thing and this is a situation where we could do with a hitter like Weighell in the team - a quick thirty may prove crucial, but I think if we do win, it will be by maintaining our three an over scoring rate because we don’t have any really big hitters to come.
    Timm would have been important here...

I watched the last two hours and Ingram didn’t look in trouble at any stage. Would like to have seen a replay of his dismissal. I don’t think he was happy.
    It will be tough tomorrow for the lower order against the new ball. A much better effort second time around and fair play to Ingram who is having a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    228 for 5.
    Lot on Root's shoulders now, 102 to win now, but you just know what's gonna happen.
    Well it’s Glammy so probably panned out in 30 minutes in the morning- but I hope I’m wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Timm would have been important here...
    We’re missing him - at this stage in his career, Harris isn’t a reliable third seamer and the same can be said for Weighell, Van Der Guigten is pretty reliable with the bat as well.

Awful performance from glammy this game, but in with a sniff of pulling off a win. Great by Ingram and Root, hopefully root can carry on now. I'd like to see Carlson dropped for 2/3 games, I've no doubt that he will have a brilliant career for us. But there should be consequences for continued failure, and he definitely deserves a week or 2 on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Awful performance from glammy this game, but in with a sniff of pulling off a win. Great by Ingram and Root, hopefully root can carry on now. I'd like to see Carlson dropped for 2/3 games, I've no doubt that he will have a brilliant career for us. But there should be consequences for continued failure, and he definitely deserves a week or 2 on the sidelines.
    I fear Carlson is going to go the same way as all our promising younger players over the past 10/15 years. He is not timing the ball at all. Time to bring in Tom Bevan.
    David Lloyd should also be running out of chances. He is averaging 24 which isn’t good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I fear Carlson is going to go the same way as all our promising younger players over the past 10/15 years. He is not timing the ball at all. Time to bring in Tom Bevan.
    David Lloyd should also be running out of chances. He is averaging 24 which isn’t good enough.
    Whe Insaw Carlson' excellent performance in the one day final last year I thoughtnhecould kick in this season.

Hasn't happened unfortunately

Fantastic win!

334 run chase to win. Superb.
    Root unlucky to finish on 99 N/O though.

Cricket, bloody hell! What an improbable victory. Worcestershire on top for a good majority of that game, I bet they can’t quite believe what has happened. Hats off to Root and Ingram with the bat and Neser with the ball. Still in the hunt and up to 2nd for the time being (I think)!

Billy Root 99 not out, Neser twenty six off twenty nine balls, just the sort of innings we needed.

after the last few batting displays amazing win

Unlucky Billy Root. Stuck in the 90's with not enough runs needed to make his hundred. You would have thought Neser would have taken a single instead of hitting the winning runs. Thoughtless bas***d !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Cricket, bloody hell! What an improbable victory. Worcestershire on top for a good majority of that game, I bet they can’t quite believe what has happened. Hats off to Root and Ingram with the bat and Neser with the ball. Still in the hunt and up to 2nd for the time being (I think)!
    We’re two points above Middlesex, but they’ll go above us even if they lose to Notts, something which seems unlikely as they’ve not lost a wicket this morning.

Next game, home to Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Unlucky Billy Root. Stuck in the 90's with not enough runs needed to make his hundred. You would have thought Neser would have taken a single instead of hitting the winning runs. Thoughtless bas***d !!
    I thought that Neser asked him about it and Root said get the result first

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    Great result. Yes get the result first.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    You're probably right. I was just watching the scorecard ticking over on the BBC site and thinking he's going to be stuck in the 90's like his brother a few days before. Great win though and up to second, at least until the Middlesex game is finished.

Such a good and important win. In the end a number of players made big contributions. Byrom’s knock in the first innings ensured we didn’t have to follow on. Ingram and Root batted brilliantly and a real shame Root didn’t get the century but his batting average will be boosted along with his confidence.

Having Neser for the season will make such a difference. He really is a fine bowler. Hogan is still bowling well. It would be a great send off if we can win promotion before he retires.