+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

I noticed that Labuschagne has hit form at last (for Australia)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I noticed that Labuschagne has hit form at last (for Australia)
    Was happy to see that. Phenomenal player, and an absolute diamond of a bloke. He's one of our own is marnus

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Was happy to see that. Phenomenal player, and an absolute diamond of a bloke. He's one of our own is marnus
    100%, will always be for Marnus as if he was one of our own. Great guy and great player.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I may have to bite the bullet and follow the hundred this year. Michael Hogan has signed for the Southern Brave. Fingers crossed he takes a ton of wickets and they offer him a nice fat contract for next year aswell !!!
    Nice to see he gets a bit of recognition, Hoges was and possibly still is the best bowler in domestic cricket. Best Glammy signing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Nice to see he gets a bit of recognition, Hoges was and possibly still is the best bowler in domestic cricket. Best Glammy signing ever.
    He's a definite candidate - possibly needed a bit more pace to play international cricket, but there's no week in, week out county seamer over the last decade that I'd swap him for.

Pleased he's got himself a contract for the Hundred, but I think our already slim hopes of successfully defending the Royal London Cup have taken a big knock mind.

I was hoping to get to some of the one day cup games this season so shame Hogan won’t be involved. Good on him but would have been nice for him to play for the nominally Welsh, Sophia Gardens based, side in the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    I was hoping to get to some of the one day cup games this season so shame Hogan won’t be involved. Good on him but would have been nice for him to play for the nominally Welsh, Sophia Gardens based, side in the competition.
    I guess so but this will be a good payday for him and it is richly deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I guess so but this will be a good payday for him and it is richly deserved.
    Oh no qualms from me, it’s a nice little sweetener for him at the end of a great first class career. I know he’d have little to do with how and which of the franchises pick him up.

Cooke and Van Der Gugten return to the Glamorgan squad for their four day game with leaders Notts starting tomorrow - Prem Sisodiya also in the fourteen;-

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/th...sophia-gardens

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Oh no qualms from me, it’s a nice little sweetener for him at the end of a great first class career. I know he’d have little to do with how and which of the franchises pick him up.
    I do wonder if it could end up paying off for us. If he has a good hundred campaign it's a bit more incentive to maybe stay on for another year or 2.

wicket keeper captains dont half slow the game down , yesterday butler run to the bowler nearly every ball ,cost them a fielder outside the ring in the last over , i think a run loss would be better

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    wicket keeper captains dont half slow the game down , yesterday butler run to the bowler nearly every ball ,cost them a fielder outside the ring in the last over , i think a run loss would be better
    Seems to be the modern way, ever increasing amounts of added time in football, one hour halves of rugby, T20 innings’ that go on for ever (with time outs in India to show more adverts) and rounds of golf taking four and five hours. To be fair, none of the above has put me off the sports involved apart from rugby which I think has got a serious problem in that it’s becoming a sport that only appeals to obsessives.

Another failure by David Lloyd, looked plumb LBW - out for six, Glamorgan 20-1 after being put in.

Australia on their way to an innings defeat in Sri Lanka.

117-7, Labuschagne top score so far with 32.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another failure by David Lloyd, looked plumb LBW - out for six, Glamorgan 20-1 after being put in.
    Shame Ingram went. He was looking imperious. Byrom gone too. At 76-3 we need to be careful here. Carlson needs to dig in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    103-3 at lunch
    Middlesex seventy odd for six.

180/5. Two quick wickets gone down. Need Cooke and Root to build from here.

Root out, 212-6. I suppose aim for 300 from here.

318 all out - strange innings, only Lloyd out of the ten dismissed batsmen failing to reach double figures, but only Northeast got to fifty.

318 all out - strange innings, only Lloyd out of the ten dismissed batsmen failing to reach double figures, but only Northeast got to fifty.
    It’s going to be a tough day for our bowlers tomorrow

another game to be introduced in august in the west indies is the sixty whatever next theres another being advertised now, the ultimate cricket challenge 2 inns of 15 balls looks like one man against another

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    another game to be introduced in august in the west indies is the sixty whatever next theres another being advertised now, the ultimate cricket challenge 2 inns of 15 balls looks like one man against another
    It’s heading inevitably for the One.

Notts 130-1 at lunch, Glamorgan need a good afternoon.

It’s heading inevitably for the One.

Notts 130-1 at lunch, Glamorgan need a good afternoon.
    think you are right , i watched a game this morning morgan v pieterson dont think i will watch another, not for me, looks likely notts will post a big score

Thought we had a sniff when harris took his third. Unfortunately Notts really look like kicking on now. Need some wickets very quickly.