+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Who's this kent Higgins?
    Will he ever recover from his nightmate?

Perfect finish to the game ……No Ball

A stroll …….

Well I was out earlier but when I saw the state of play and what a shambles ‘we’ were I was more than happy to stick to the athletics. There are only 8 teams, you would expect to be competitive but this is pathetic.

Won first 2 games last year when Bairstow played have lost every game since !!

I only discovered that last night’s game was on the BBC after it had been going for about half an hour and so started watching it on Sky where, to hear Kevin Pietersen and Ravi Shastri’s commentary, you would have thought you were watching a clash of cricketing titans as opposed to a walkover where the winning side barely had to try against a team that, on the evidence they’ve offered so far, most county sides would see off pretty easily.

it was embarrasing commentary last night trying to big up something that wont be around for long i think , same as the welsh fire , the end has started with stokes and now bairstow dropping out and morgan gone allready more will follow soon

From what I’ve seen of it, it’s really no better than the blast. Any number of counties playing each other would have been as good (or as poor) as the contest yesterday, although I appreciate that was a particularly extreme example.

The commentary around it is one of the things I dislike most about it. It’s all a little emperor’s new clothes and feels like they’re purposefully towing the ECB PR sheet. I understand you’re not going to undermine a product you’ve paid good money for but feel you should be able to comment a bit more objectively on the particular sporting merit of individual games at least.

The only thing I think they’ve gotten right (and I can see this changing should things progress) is the number of games are at a relative minimum compared to your IPLs and BBs.

Anyway, Glammy against Kent today with two sides picking up wins in their first matches.

It seems a hard slog supporting the Welsh Fire

No Welsh or Glamorgan players, the players we have seem disinterested, or simply not good enough, a poor spectacle all round.

I had tickets for last season, and i ended up giving them away, i have some for this but i cannot say im excited about going.

Wales does not have a strong cricket fan base, so we really needed a competitive franchise to attract fans and build, but we have ended up the whipping boys of the 100 circuit.

Watching the game last night as a Welshman i ended up hoping that Micheal Hogan did well for the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    From what I’ve seen of it, it’s really no better than the blast. Any number of counties playing each other would have been as good (or as poor) as the contest yesterday, although I appreciate that was a particularly extreme example.

The commentary around it is one of the things I dislike most about it. It’s all a little emperor’s new clothes and feels like they’re purposefully towing the ECB PR sheet. I understand you’re not going to undermine a product you’ve paid good money for but feel you should be able to comment a bit more objectively on the particular sporting merit of individual games at least.

The only thing I think they’ve gotten right (and I can see this changing should things progress) is the number of games are at a relative minimum compared to your IPLs and BBs.

Anyway, Glammy against Kent today with two sides picking up wins in their first matches.
    The way Michael Vaughan and Isa guha behaved as chief cheerleaders last year will live me for a long time. They both almost delighted in trying to do down 'traditional cricket ' at every opportunity. Enjoyed seeing Vaughans fall from grace last year, hopefully guha has similar coming soon !

Another reason to be pissed off with the Hundred - Van Der Gugten has joined Birmingham.

Kent 18-1 in the fourth over.

Wondered why Van der Gugten wasn’t playing today, that’s a big loss for Glammy in the Royal Cup

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Another reason to be pissed off with the Hundred - Van Der Gugten has joined Birmingham.
    Ffs! Have the WF even replaced Bairstow?

I'm sure joey evison is following us. Playing against him again, he's on loan at Kent now. Expect him to sign for whoever we play next week

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I'm sure joey evison is following us. Playing against him again, he's on loan at Kent now. Expect him to sign for whoever we play next week
    He’s signed a three year deal with Kent, so I think he’s on loan with them for the rest of the season.

We’re going to be chasing 300 plus here I reckon.

Edit, another wicket in his first over for Ingram, he has a knack of doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He’s signed a three year deal with Kent, so I think he’s on loan with them for the rest of the season.

We’re going to be chasing 300 plus here I reckon.
    I was starting to think he just liked playing against us !. Good wicket for us there, was starting to look like a very worrying partnership.

Glam right up against it now, Root just out 86 for 4 chasing 305.

Ingram needs to hold things together and hope someone can stay with him.

Kent hot favourites from here.

Just someone stay with Ingram ffs. Painful watching

Nicely poised at 171/5. Once again Tom Cullen comes into the side and doesn’t let the team down.

Ingram to a hundred, 196-5.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Nicely poised at 171/5. Once again Tom Cullen comes into the side and doesn’t let the team down.
    Totally agree. He's got a lot of character . If we pull this result off his innings will be very bit as important as Ingrams.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Totally agree. He's got a lot of character . If we pull this result off his innings will be very bit as important as Ingrams.
    He is under-rated. A very well played half century.

Excellent fifty for Cullen off a big over for Glamorgan - 245-5.

What a superb 150 from Colin Ingram.

Another fantastic performance, we like this 50 over format!

Two wickets fall, still four to win.