Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
Couldn't disagree more in terms of the 100. All the things you have mentioned could have been achieved with the t20 format. In fact they have been achieved with the t20 format in most other cricket playing countries. We mismanaged the t20 format massively in the UK, it needed fixing I agree, but fail to understand why the 100 ball format should have anything to do with it
Fair enough. We'll agree to disagree.

There's so much wrong with cricket in this country though and it's not the 100 we should be worrying about. At least everyone can watch it for free. That's a good thing, isn't it?

Let's be honest here, county cricket would have died years ago without being propped up. I love/ed County Cricket but not at Sophia Gardens in an empty stadium. At Newport a couple of years ago it was a joy to watch at a smaller ground. And we have to remember that other countries' cricket enthusiasm is much greater than ours. We're stuck behind a paywall watching (and even worse listening to) p*ssed up England Stag Parties' dressed as Batman & Robin forcing Mexican Waves on people who just want to actually, you know, watch the game. I can't abide Sky's coverage anymore and have stopped watching on TV too.

But hey, I'm actually, going today with my wife and looking forward to it - something I haven't felt in a long time.