Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
The pitch did have a purple tinge and it was a terrible track to play on with the ball staying low right from the start. It makes for a poor spectacle.

The thing that disappoints me most is we see the same performances every season. Nothing changes. Our overseas recruitment for t20 has been terrible for the past 4 or 5 seasons. Perhaps we don’t have the resources of some counties but even allowing for that our t20 record is atrocious. With 4 out of 9 counties qualifying for the knock out stages you would hope to get through every other year. Glammy get through to the knock out stages on average once every five years I reckon.

Then red ball cricket. I think Simon Jones was the last Glamorgan player to play at Test level. That’s 17 years ago. Since then we have continuously failed to bring on young talent with the likes of Harris, Maynard and Donald all leaving the county to better themselves. We have been right down there with Derbyshire and Leicestershire as the weakest counties in all of those years

I know we can’t expect to match the richer counties but it does have the feel of an old boy’s club a lot of the time. I rarely hear Maynard criticise sub par performances. I also don’t understand the logic of bringing in the likes of Weighell last season and Harris this time when the likes of Smith and Carey are completely ignored. It all seems a bit random with no long term strategy in place.
Can’t argue with any of that.