+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 222 of 224 FirstFirst ... 122172212213214215216217218219220221222223224 LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 5586

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Cracking morning. I thought root was playing well, bit chancy but attacking nicely. Then Sam came in and went at virtually a run a ball without a false shot. Outfield is like quicksand aswell, fast outfield and we'd have had 200 in the morning.

I quite like this side. Hamza and miles are 2 quality additions to the bowling attack and I think our batting lineup rivals anything in the division. Come 2nd half of the season and we have a quality spinner for the first time in years.

Sam Northeast scores the first century anywhere of the new season - he’s 103 not out and Glamorgan are 197-2.

281/2

What a thoroughly nice surprise to see the scorecard. Nice to see runs against helm and Roland-jones. Both have been annoyances in the past. Anyone help me with Craig miles. Missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    What a thoroughly nice surprise to see the scorecard. Nice to see runs against helm and Roland-jones. Both have been annoyances in the past. Anyone help me with Craig miles. Missed that.
    It’s the guy who was at Gloucestershire for years, he’s on a month’s loan from Warwickshire- decent bowler who should be a good replacement for Van Der Guyten.

https://edgbaston.com/news/craig-mil...ort-term-loan/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s the guy who was at Gloucestershire for years, he’s on a month’s loan from Warwickshire- decent bowler who should be a good replacement for Van Der Guyten.

https://edgbaston.com/news/craig-mil...ort-term-loan/
    Thank you. Got him now!!

370-3 at the close, Carlson out for 77, Northeast 186 not out.

If the rest of the season tracks day 1 we might be on for something worthwhile. Great start!

We seem to have a lot of quality in the batting department. Very good day.

First Team

Hoping to get there today Subject to trains, weather and yodel delivering on time.
    Probably buggered by the last one.

Over 400 without the loss of a wicket this morning, Northeast over 200.

250 for Northeast..,.sign ‘im up Erol

Sam going for another 400? Great performance. Although I'd imagine Bradburn will be asking at end of game how they have managed not to hit 450 in 110 overs. Doesn't matter if we win, but if the game is drawn those are the kind of points that need to be picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Sam going for another 400? Great performance. Although I'd imagine Bradburn will be asking at end of game how they have managed not to hit 450 in 110 overs. Doesn't matter if we win, but if the game is drawn those are the kind of points that need to be picked up.
    Well he's just declared on 335 n.o. after breaking Gooch's Lords record 👏

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    great knock ,hope they do but i cant see them taking 20 wickets

Superb. Just seen somewhere that as he scored 166 n/o in his last innings of last season he's scored over 500 since he was last out.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    great knock ,hope they do but i cant see them taking 20 wickets
    Yeah its got the feel of a game where they go and get an even bigger score now hasnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    250 for Northeast..,.sign ‘im up Erol
    I'd swap him for our Bowler any day of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    According to the BBC it is also the highest ever county championship individual score in April!

And he has also never scored a double century.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    According to the BBC it is also the highest ever county championship individual score in April!

And he has also never scored a double century.
    Just feels a waste to declare. Middlesex 48/0 now and can only see them knocking up a similar score.

Id have kept going at least until tea today or he was out. If someone else was captain they probably would have.

Anyone else at that game when Glamorgan scored 562-3 against Middlesex and lost?

https://wisden.com/matches/scorecard...p-1-5-jul-1993

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Anyone else at that game when Glamorgan scored 562-3 against Middlesex and lost?

https://wisden.com/matches/scorecard...p-1-5-jul-1993
    Yes Without clicking on the link adrian dale and IVR had a massive stand?

Stoneman must be fancying a triple ton tomorrow.