+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

  1. #4221

    Re: GLAMMY

    That is the most astonishing win I can remember.
    A record first innings score in first class cricket from which a team has gone on to lose by an innings.
    Remarkable.

  2. #4222

    Re: GLAMMY

    Fantastic. Simply stunning win.

  3. #4223

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    That is the most astonishing win I can remember.
    A record first innings score in first class cricket from which a team has gone on to lose by an innings.
    Remarkable.
    Amazing!

  4. #4224

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Fantastic. Simply stunning win.
    Great couple of days’ play. What a win.

  5. #4225

    Re: GLAMMY

    Oh my.
    That was wonderful. So many records broken today with Leicestershire recording the most runs scored in a first innings to then go on and lose the match by an innings.
    Fabulous stuff.

  6. #4226

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    What a stunning win, I didn’t think they had enough overs left to get the wickets but what an extraordinary win!
    My missus asked if I was checking the scores earlier, 'no point I said, no chance of taking 10 wickets on that track' . Hogan, Neser, Northeast and Ingram must be 4 of the best players in the country this year. Everytime they play they perform!!!

  7. #4227

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bloody useless game this four day cricket!

    Bring back the 3 day I say

    Oh hang on.........

  8. #4228

    Re: GLAMMY

    Glammy Glammy morgan morgan

  9. #4229

    Re: GLAMMY

    What a truly amazing win !

    With so many records broken in one game, this match will go down in the annals of cricket history.

  10. #4230

    Re: GLAMMY

    Wowzers. What a match.

  11. #4231

    Re: GLAMMY

    Anyone in their early 20s needs to buy the Glamorgan yearbook at the end of the season.In fifty years time it will be worth a fortune.

  12. #4232

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Oh my.
    That was wonderful. So many records broken today with Leicestershire recording the most runs scored in a first innings to then go on and lose the match by an innings.
    Fabulous stuff.
    That's 2 teams we both support Pearcey

  13. #4233

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    What a truly amazing win !

    With so many records broken in one game, this match will go down in the annals of cricket history.
    incredible, and a free stream to watch it as well - Glammy Glammy

  14. #4234

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    What a truly amazing win !

    With so many records broken in one game, this match will go down in the annals of cricket history.
    And don't forget 4 of our 5 wickets were out without reaching double figures!

    A wonderful performance.

  15. #4235

    Re: GLAMMY

    Records Broken

    Glamorgan's highest County Championship score

    Highest individual score by a Glamorgan batsman

    Highest 6th wicket partnership for Glamorgan

    Highest partnership for any wicket for Glamorgan

    Most runs scored in one day by a Glamorgan batsman

    Highest first innings score by a side losing by an innings in the County Championship

  16. #4236

    Re: GLAMMY

    exceptional stuff and great to be able to watch it online.

    well played Glammy!

  17. #4237

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Records Broken

    Glamorgan's highest County Championship score

    Highest individual score by a Glamorgan batsman

    Highest 6th wicket partnership for Glamorgan

    Highest partnership for any wicket for Glamorgan

    Most runs scored in one day by a Glamorgan batsman

    Highest first innings score by a side losing by an innings in the County Championship
    Spiffing!

    There will be a few Glamorgan stalwarts who witnessed this amazing victory having been on the receiving end of such stats far too often.

    So pleased for them 👏 👏 👏

  18. #4238

    Re: GLAMMY

    The frustrating thing is that’s it for the four day game for Glamorgan for five weeks or so now and when it starts up again, our team will be missing Ingram and Neser. One of the two overseas vacancies will be filled by the New Zealand spinner Patel and it shouldn’t be forgotten that we’ve got a good seamer in Van Der Gugten to come back, but we need to get the second overseas signing right and I wouldn’t be averse to looking into the possibility of a loan signing to help the promotion cause.

    That leads on to what has become quite normal in cricket in recent years - teams finishing one season without knowing for sure what the format will be for the following one. Although the current plan is for the top two in Division Two to be promoted, there’s talk, for example, of there being three smaller divisions next season because there appears to be a definite drive among the powers that be to reduce the amount of four day cricket even further, so it might be that a second place finish this season would see us merely scrape into a new Division Two.

  19. #4239

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The frustrating thing is that’s it for the four day game for Glamorgan for five weeks or so now and when it starts up again, our team will be missing Ingram and Neser. One of the two overseas vacancies will be filled by the New Zealand spinner Patel and it shouldn’t be forgotten that we’ve got a good seamer in Van Der Gugten to come back, but we need to get the second overseas signing right and I wouldn’t be averse to looking into the possibility of a loan signing to help the promotion cause.

    That leads on to what has become quite normal in cricket in recent years - teams finishing one season without knowing for sure what the format will be for the following one. Although the current plan is for the top two in Division Two to be promoted, there’s talk, for example, of there being three smaller divisions next season because there appears to be a definite drive among the powers that be to reduce the amount of four day cricket even further, so it might be that a second place finish this season would see us merely scrape into a new Division Two.
    As was sh0wn by his bowling yesterday we shall badly miss Neser.

    It was his sheer pace that got the final wicket yesterday.

  20. #4240

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This really is the cricket equivalent of ‘Get into ‘em, f*ck ‘em up’ now.
    We really did get into ‘em and f*cked ‘em up, fantastic performance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •