+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Just to change the subject slightly, but Jos Buttler hit another century in the IPL today. That's his 3rd of the season in 8 games. Hes also got 2 50's. There's only been 1 other ton this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Just to change the subject slightly, but Jos Buttler hit another century in the IPL today. That's his 3rd of the season in 8 games. Hes also got 2 50's. There's only been 1 other ton this year.
    Buttler should still be part of the ODI and T20 squads but not the Test team. Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Buttler should still be part of the ODI and T20 squads but not the Test team. Time to move on.
    People who know more about these things than me say that Buttler is potentially a good captain and with so few batting places nailed down in the test team, I wonder if the selectors (if England have any at the moment!) are looking at him as a possible replacement for Root? I’m not too keen on Stokes taking over because I think all of his attention should go towards giving the team as much as he can with bat and ball.

With no spinner really putting their hand up to be selected, I’d also consider Liam Livingston as a Moeen Ali type all rounder at number eight - he can bowl decent leg and off spin in limited overs cricket and I would be encouraging him to work really hard on it to see if he can make the step up to test cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    People who know more about these things than me say that Buttler is potentially a good captain and with so few batting places nailed down in the test team, I wonder if the selectors (if England have any at the moment!) are looking at him as a possible replacement for Root? I’m not too keen on Stokes taking over because I think all of his attention should go towards giving the team as much as he can with bat and ball.

With no spinner really putting their hand up to be selected, I’d also consider Liam Livingston as a Moeen Ali type all rounder at number eight - he can bowl decent leg and off spin in limited overs cricket and I would be encouraging him to work really hard on it to see if he can make the step up to test cricket.

Fully agree on Stokes not being captain and looking to bring Livingston into the Test team. I really hope the selectors resist bringing back Buttler. I don’t think he has the right temperament for Test cricket and goodness knows he has had enough chances. It would also cause further issues about whether he keeps wicket or not.

I would go with James Vince as the next captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Fully agree on Stokes not being captain and looking to bring Livingston into the Test team. I really hope the selectors resist bringing back Buttler. I don’t think he has the right temperament for Test cricket and goodness knows he has had enough chances. It would also cause further issues about whether he keeps wicket or not.

I would go with James Vince as the next captain.
    Ordinarily, I’d agree that Buttler has had enough chances and the same should also apply to James Vince, but the cupboard is so bare when it comes to test class batsmen at the moment that, apart from Root and Stokes, I don’t see anyone who you could rely on to consistently outscore Buttler, or Vince for that matter, over a period of, say, two years. As for wicket keeping, Buttler would have to give that op for me if he was to become captain.

He's such a great player to watch. Absolutely untouchable this ipl. Although I see that the utterly useless McCoy did his best to undo Buttlers hard work. Really enjoyable tournament so far !

I’ve been watching the IPL recently and the standard of bowling is so bad , I sometimes think they are told to bowl bad in order to make it exiting for the batsman. The amount of balls bowled halfway down the wicket and sitting up nicely for the batsman does make you wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’ve been watching the IPL recently and the standard of bowling is so bad , I sometimes think they are told to bowl bad in order to make it exiting for the batsman. The amount of balls bowled halfway down the wicket and sitting up nicely for the batsman does make you wonder.

Are you talking about the overs by Unadkat or Tymal Mills by any chance ? 2 of the worst death bowling displays I've ever seen