+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 85 of 221 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I had to nip for a quick pee and missed the whole of Root's innings I'm afraid!

71-6 at lunch with Bull and Wagg engineering a partial recovery with a stand of 33, but the game's, almost certainly, gone already.
    Always the optimist when it comes to Glammy, I’m hoping our bottom order saves the top order’s blushes - as it has done many time in recent seasons

131 all out. Could have been a lot worse! Smith not available to bowl as he's done his hamstring. And as I type rain has arrived

A draw would be a good achievement

Plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Plus ca change plus c'est la meme chose
    Ètrange tour de phrase dans l'instance

Can our top order redeem themselves by grinding out a draw. Marnus is such a big miss. Last season in a game like this he'd have probably taken that problematic last Somerset wicket and then cracked a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ètrange tour de phrase dans l'instance
    Bit mystified why you think

"the more things change, the more they continue to be the same thing,"

is a strange turn of phrase

Over the years Glamorgan have had new players new coaches new captains new chief executived

Now a new tournament, games being watched in an empty stadium

And we still rip through a sides batting then get frustrated by the tail enders then collapse completely ourselves.

Perhaps you could or someone could explain why the phrase isn't apt?????

Meanwhile, our top order batting has been blown away again - 29-3 chasing 466.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Bit mystified why you think

"the more things change, the more they continue to be the same thing,"

is a strange turn of phrase

Over the years Glamorgan have had new players new coaches new captains new chief executived

Now a new tournament, games being watched in an empty stadium

And we still rip through a sides batting then get frustrated by the tail enders then collapse completely ourselves.

Perhaps you could or someone could explain why the phrase isn't apt?????

I thought it meant "what goes around comes around".
    TBF mon français n'est pas terrible and would accept that your translation is correct.

I am inclined to agree with you which I think seems very odd although I suppose the bottom line is that the players just haven't been quite up to it.

That '97 team was exceptional and under Maynard's captaincy buoyed by the catalyst Waqar, it allowed the younger players like Darren Thomas to play with freedom.

Losing Labouschagne this year was a bit of a blow as his presence and more importantly his runs would have given our very average attack something to defend.

Cooke salvaging some respectability out of this second innings in the last session of the day. Whilst Root started playing a series of rather needless reverse sweeps to inevitably get done doing so...

Don’t see Glammy grinding this out for the draw but at one point on Saturday it didn’t feel beyond imagination that they’d get skittled, put in to bat again, and polished off within two days so with that impression in mind taking it to the 4th day is somewhat of an accomplishment, haha.

Glamorgan need 330 runs to win

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Cooke salvaging some respectability out of this second innings in the last session of the day. Whilst Root started playing a series of rather needless reverse sweeps to inevitably get done doing so...

Don’t see Glammy grinding this out for the draw but at one point on Saturday it didn’t feel beyond imagination that they’d get skittled, put in to bat again, and polished off within two days so with that impression in mind taking it to the 4th day is somewhat of an accomplishment, haha.
    Lord knows what Root was playing at having almost got himself out twice playing the same shot.

Lord knows what Root was playing at having almost got himself out twice playing the same shot.
    Twp from the lad. Douthwaite sadly got trapped leg before to end the day too. Imagine it’ll be wrapped up before lunch today, a strangely reassuring result in these tumultuous times!

Tough old game for Glammy against good red ball opposition. Although Glawster and Northants are first division they were arguably on a par with each other last year for the most part. Hopefully get more of a contest in the remaining fixtures now at least.

Marnus obviously a big loss, almost won games single handed with the bat first half of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Twp from the lad. Douthwaite sadly got trapped leg before to end the day too. Imagine it’ll be wrapped up before lunch today, a strangely reassuring result in these tumultuous times!

Tough old game for Glammy against good red ball opposition. Although Glawster and Northants are first division they were arguably on a par with each other last year for the most part. Hopefully get more of a contest in the remaining fixtures now at least.

Marnus obviously a big loss, almost won games single handed with the bat first half of last season.
    It's a very tough group with Somerset among the favourites to win the tournament. Realistically, with our best player missing, anything but last in the group would be good, but I agree that we weren't much worse than Gloucestershire and Northamptonshire last season, so you never know.

Didn’t last very long this morning!

First Team

A rather familiar and depressing result.
    Ok, Somerset are a strong team but I do worry if this will be a short but awful season once again.

Apart from Essex, Somerset have probably been the best red ball team in the country in recent years, so a thrashing was always on the cards, but I notice other Second Division sides are not doing badly against top Division teams in these games (Sussex comfortably beat Hampshire yesterday) and so you'd like to think that, as a team which didn't miss out on promotion by much last year, we can at least be competitive in some of our games - we weren't that for more than half a day against Somerset.

Apart from Essex, Somerset have probably been the best red ball team in the country in recent years, so a thrashing was always on the cards, but I notice other Second Division sides are not doing badly against top Division teams in these games (Sussex comfortably beat Hampshire yesterday) and so you'd like to think that, as a team which didn't miss out on promotion by much last year, we can at least be competitive in some of our games - we weren't that for more than half a day against Somerset.
    We did have Marnus for the best part though Bob, loving your optimism though

Worcs v Glam Starts today. Glammy will need to bat a lot better than they did against Somerset. TVG added to squad for the injured Smith. Worcs won their first game.

From Glam Twitter

WICKET! ☝️

What a start! Hogan strikes in the first over!

Mitchell strangles it down the leg-side and Cooke takes the tumbling catch to remove the Worcestershire talisman for a duck ��

Worcs 0/1

There you go. Something to cheer.

Great start

Another wicket for Hogan, 31-2.

Another wicket for Hogan, 31-2.
    31-2 was also Pakistans contribution to the end of their innings in 2.4 overs this morning!

Worcester 210-3 - four and a half hours since the last message in this thread gives the hint that it's turning into a long day for Glamorgan!

Three wickets for Glamorgan this morning, trouble is, Worcester have got 418-6 - whatever happens though, Glamorgan will only be in the field for another six overs at most because teams can only bat for 120 overs at most in the first innings in this competition.