+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 90 of 221 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    stunning win and very well done. been trying to find highlights and nothing on you tube and only a series of clips on the Glamorgan website which is disappointing. wasn't a free live stream today either.
    Nope no live stream for away games but plenty of highlights on the Glamorgan site.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Not surprising having all games at the one venue.

That said, with the amount of spectators that attend the four day game, I expect some audience participation this season as social distancing should be comparatively easy to maintain as opposed to say watching the City.
    Live streaming would be good to raise funds.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Not surprising having all games at the one venue.

That said, with the amount of spectators that attend the four day game, I expect some audience participation this season as social distancing should be comparatively easy to maintain as opposed to say watching the City.
    Live streaming would be good to raise funds.
    Glamorgan have been live streaming their home games for free for a couple of years now.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Glamorgan have been live streaming their home games for free for a couple of years now.
    I'd see n the odd part of game on a stream but I didn't know they were doing it for all games.
    If they are, they aren't marketing it very well.

Getting the cameras to some of the out grounds may have been an issue, but it should be fine for Cardiff- there’ll also be some away matches shown as well I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I'd see n the odd part of game on a stream but I didn't know they were doing it for all games.
    If they are, they aren't marketing it very well.
    Only the Championship games though and not limited overs cricket

How are they going to manage it? With the hundred taking up a chunk in the middle of the season Glamorgan were not going to play at Cardiff at all during that period. All matches were going to be played at the out grounds throughout that period. Swansea Newport and Colwyn Bay were all due games and there was talk of a return to my club ground Pontypridd too. From no games at Cardiff to all games at Cardiff is one hell of a change but I suppose these are unprecedented times.

Seven new signings for the Welsh Fire for the coming season - Ciaron Pollard, Jhye Richardson, Ian Cockbain, Jake Ball, Matt Critchley, Josh Cobb and Glamorgan’s David Lloyd.

Blimey, just been messing about on You Tube and came across live coverage of a pre season friendly of a game between Somerset and Worcestershire - the season will soon be upon us.

Actually, I'm pretty sure we're playing a friendly at Taunton in the next week or so - maybe there'll be live coverage of that as well?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Blimey, just been messing about on You Tube and came across live coverage of a pre season friendly of a game between Somerset and Worcestershire - the season will soon be upon us.

Actually, I'm pretty sure we're playing a friendly at Taunton in the next week or so - maybe there'll be live coverage of that as well?
    think they playing one of the colleges or universities today somewhere so def wont be long

First Team

Most the counties are doing live streams either through general social media or their own club sites.

Hopefully there will be tho opportunity to watch some live cricket and the county championship would seem ideal to start with as attendances are generally low so ample room to socially distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Most the counties are doing live streams either through general social media or their own club sites.

Hopefully there will be tho opportunity to watch some live cricket and the county championship would seem ideal to start with as attendances are generally low so ample room to socially distance.
    Glamorgan’s three day friendly at Somerset starts at 12.00 and is being streamed by the home county;

Glamorgan’s three day friendly at Somerset starts at 12.00 and is being streamed by the home county;
    cheers bob just found it thanks

Somerset 42-2 if anyone’s interested.

Close of play, Somerset 262-8 declared, Glamorgan 39-1. We let them off the hook a bit as we let their number ten score fifty and I was dreading what would happen in the hour or so we had to bat before the close, but not a bad day at all against what is very close to a full strength Somerset team.

Glamorgan 150-2 in reply to 262-8 for Somerset. Balbirnie 70 odd not out.

Glamorgan 238-6 declared, so both sides are trying to have a proper game, rather than using it as a glorified practice session - it’s set up for another declaration tomorrow morning with Glamorgan chasing in the last two sessions, but they’ve been competitive so far against a team being tipped to win a trophy this season.

First Team

It it likely that Glammy can be competitive in any of the tournaments this year?

It has been pretty grim stuff for a while now. Occasionally there is a flicker of hope which is quickly extinguished and the normal dismal season unfolds.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Hundred and how it may impact on the County set up?

I’m very much against it as the Blast was established and pretty successful in getting people in to support their county. This franchise nonsense really looks like a dogs dinner to me however I accept that as a traditionalist I may not be the target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    It it likely that Glammy can be competitive in any of the tournaments this year?

It has been pretty grim stuff for a while now. Occasionally there is a flicker of hope which is quickly extinguished and the normal dismal season unfolds.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Hundred and how it may impact on the County set up?

I’m very much against it as the Blast was established and pretty successful in getting people in to support their county. This franchise nonsense really looks like a dogs dinner to me however I accept that as a traditionalist I may not be the target audience.
    It’s only a friendly, but I’m encouraged by the way this game against a Somerset side that beat us easily last year has gone (Somerset are 121-1 in their second innings and I’m sure they’ll set us a target rather than opt for batting practice). If Glamorgan’s batting can hold up (a big if based on the evidence of the last few seasons), then I think they can be competitive in their Bob Willis Trphy group - I’m not talking about what looks a very tough group, but I’d like to think it won’t be an embarrassment.

Agree with you completely about the Hundred.

I’m very much against The Hundred too. No need for it.
    I think you’re right Paul. Somerset will declare possibly pre lunch and set us around 250 to win
    We do have Labuschagne back in May and he will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I’m very much against The Hundred too. No need for it.
    I think you’re right Paul. Somerset will declare possibly pre lunch and set us around 250 to win
    We do have Labuschagne back in May and he will make a difference.
    There’s Michael Naser to come as well, I know very little about him, but, according to the commentators on the Somerset website yesterday, he’s been more or less a permanent twelfth man for the Australian test team in their domestic season.

Somerset 247-6 declared at lunch leaving Glamorgan two sessions to get 272. I’d say the best we can hope for now is probably a draw.

Somerset 247-6 declared at lunch leaving Glamorgan two sessions to get 272. I’d say the best we can hope for now is probably a draw.
    121-1 at tea, could I have been wrong?