+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Quiz Question. Which City player fielded for Glamorgan in the 1968 Sobers/Nash six sixes over match ?

Quiz Question. Which City player fielded for Glamorgan in the 1968 Sobers/Nash six sixes over match ?

Re: Quiz Question. Which City player fielded for Glamorgan in the 1968 Sobers/Nash six sixes over match ?

I’m not certain, but I think Dilwyn John used to play cricket in the summer, not sure if it was county standard though

Re: Quiz Question. Which City player fielded for Glamorgan in the 1968 Sobers/Nash six sixes over match ?

I think Wilf Wooller had a few games for City, was it him?

Trevor Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Trevor Ford
    Substitute fielder for Ossie Wheatley, referenced here: https://www.footballsite.co.uk/DYK/DYK22-Cricket.htm

You can see the sixes here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZUV...andsonemanarmy

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’m not certain, but I think Dilwyn John used to play cricket in the summer, not sure if it was county standard though
    When I was a lad the local footballer/cricketer of note was Len Hill who played for Newport County in the winter and Glamorgan in the summer

Dilwyn John was a dab hand with a cue

Trevor Ford
    Correct !!

When I was a lad the local footballer/cricketer of note was Len Hill who played for Newport County in the winter and Glamorgan in the summer

Played him a couple of times in the Cardiff snooker league. Could make a century break with ease. In one game against me he notched up a 70+ break while munching on a sandwich !!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I was there that day but I can't remember a city player in the side.

When you say fielder did he come on as a substitute fielder?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I was there that day but I can't remember a city player in the side.

When you say fielder did he come on as a substitute fielder?
    Sorry my system was slow and I didn't see that you had already given the answer.

Can't remember Trevor coming on the field. Thought I would have done because my dad was a friend of Trevor Ford ( he was the insurance agent for the city players for many years).

Mind you it is now nearly 56 years ago!

Played snooker with my Dad at The Electricity Club in Pontcanna

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Sorry my system was slow and I didn't see that you had already given the answer.

Can't remember Trevor coming on the field. Thought I would have done because my dad was a friend of Trevor Ford ( he was the insurance agent for the city players for many years).

Mind you it is now nearly 56 years ago!