+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Just realised it was 1st innings. Im a braindead idiot . Just needed a rant obviously !!

Northants 70-3, with all of the wickets to Neser. Northants, having already lost Berg to an injury sustained before he had played any part of the match, have now, sadly, lost Proctor because of a family bereavement, so we only need to take eight wickets to win.

97-4 at lunch thanks to a really daft run out off the last ball of the session.

Northants survived pretty comfortably in the end at 250-5 with the pitch the winner. It seems Cardiff wickets are either so bowler friendly that you need help from the weather to go into the final day or they flatten out into absolute roads - there’s no happy medium.

Just watching the bowling and it is truely is abysmal. Meanwhile Neser isn’t picked again. Maynard hasn’t taken this competition seriously.

Excellent spell by twenty year old Roman Walker, who impresses me every time I see him, of four overs, three for fifteen.

Somerset 101-4 halfway through the fourteenth over.

Dreadful by Douthwaite.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Excellent spell by twenty year old Roman Walker, who impresses me every time I see him, of four overs, three for fifteen.

Somerset 101-4 halfway through the fourteenth over.
    Yep. He has put more experienced bowlers to shame again.

I really wish the commentators wouldn’t keep on going on about Ingram’s strokeplay. He isn’t worth a place in the side let alone keeping out Neser. Another poor effort tonight using up 3.3 overs for just 19 runs when we need to be scoring at 9 an over.

this is pathetic, should be relegated!

It’s embarrassingl. The bowling was mostly utter dross again with 9 wides and 2 no balls and loads of short stuff and bowling down the leg side. Roman Walker did superbly.
    The batting was even worse. We have Ingram back next season. If Maynard continues to play him ahead of Neser I won’t bother.

Somerset have been very professional. Excellent bowling, field placing. I blame the Glammy board for employing a poor coaching team and players who continue failing.

High time Walker was given a chance with the first team. I would rather see him given a chance ahead of Weighell who hasn’t done much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    High time Walker was given a chance with the first team. I would rather see him given a chance ahead of Weighell who hasn’t done much at all.
    I’d definitely give Walker some four day games in September. As for Weighell, I’ve more faith in him (and I don’t have much!) as a batsman than a bowler - I don’t see what he gives us with the ball that the likes of Smith, Carey, Walker and even Dowthwaite couldn’t.

k
    I’d definitely give Walker some four day games in September. As for Weighell, I’ve more faith in him (and I don’t have much!) as a batsman than a bowler - I don’t see what he gives us with the ball that the likes of Smith, Carey, Walker and even Dowthwaite couldn’t.
    Yep taking on Weighell when we have Walker, Smith and Carey is very poor. He has a new contract for next season too.Walker and Smith don’t. Nor TVG. Recruitment is poor. Baffled why Ingram is back again next season. He was very poor two seasons ago and has been just as bad this time around. He will be being handsomely paid for not being good enough.

Glammy 184/4. Good innings from Labuschagne, Lloyd and Douthwaite. Ingram the weak link again failing to score at just a run a ball.

Four or five years ago, you could make a case for saying that Ingram was the most feared hitter in the domestic T20 game - he’s thirty six now, but I’m not sure that can fully explain his decline in recent years. Watching him today, you could understand Hampshire keeping him in on purpose.

Four or five years ago, you could make a case for saying that Ingram was the most feared hitter in the domestic T20 game - he’s thirty six now, but I’m not sure that can fully explain his decline in recent years. Watching him today, you could understand Hampshire keeping him in on purpose.
    Hants are winning this at a canter. It just emphasises how poor his performance has been. Dreadful that he played today. There has been no intention of trying out Neser even though it should have been done today. The club should try and come to an agreement with Ingram so that he does not return next season or at the very least make clear he won’t be open the starting line up. It has to be performance related.

Bowling masterclass

100/0 off 7
    Maynard should apologise for this campaign.

Quite simply rubbish. Fairplay to Hants for chasing that down within 13.

In T20 this is a new low. It’s been obvious our bowling has been very weak. It’s been obvious that Ingram is a liability. Total incompetence from Maynard to not drop Ingram for Neser. We are likely to finish bottom of the group with Middlesex looking likely to win.
    Thank God this campaign is over.

Embarrassingly easy for Hampshire, the other counties they can overtake must have thought oh no when they realised they only had to beat Glamorgan in the last match

I can't believe I wasted a lovely Sunday to watch that utter shite. Glammy are a total disaster with no leadership and Ingram has had a mare of a season. Carlson's batting is reckless, Ingram slowed everything down with a 'Granny like' scoring rate, ok a reasonable total but actually grossly under par on that wicket. As for the bowling where do you start total incompetence to let Hampshire score at that rate. Whoever is coaching that lot needs firing and getting someone decent in. Now watch them screw up in the One Day. Very disappointing for those of us who remember Glammy in their halcyon days.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I can't believe I wasted a lovely Sunday to watch that utter shite. Glammy are a total disaster with no leadership and Ingram has had a mare of a season. Carlson's batting is reckless, Ingram slowed everything down with a 'Granny like' scoring rate, ok a reasonable total but actually grossly under par on that wicket. As for the bowling where do you start total incompetence to let Hampshire score at that rate. Whoever is coaching that lot needs firing and getting someone decent in. Now watch them screw up in the One Day. Very disappointing for those of us who remember Glammy in their halcyon days.
    Saw the first innings and thought it was reasonable, especially as Hants needed to take risks, but I couldn’t believe what I was seeing when I checked the result. Appalling. Were they bowling underarm?