+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Play offs this weekend

Play offs this weekend

MK Dons 1 - 5 Crawley. (1 - 8 agg)

Record play off defeat for MK Dons. Worst agg score since play offs began.

Crawley will play Crewe in the Lg 2 play off final.

The Lg 1 play off final is Bolton v Oxford

On Sunday we have

12.00 Norwich v Leeds
    14.15 West Brom v Southampton

Re: Play offs this weekend

MK Dons must hate the Sky cameras turning up at their matches, a month or two back they were on when they played at Stockport and lost 5-0, so that’s one scored and thirteen conceded in their last three televised matches.

Nothing against Crawley, but I hope Crewe go up, I think we’ll be playing Bolton next season as well. Much as I’d love to see a Norwich v West Brom final, I reckon you can’t look beyond the two sides who were relegated this time last year to contest the Championship final.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    MK Dons must hate the Sky cameras turning up at their matches, a month or two back they were on when they played at Stockport and lost 5-0, so that’s one scored and thirteen conceded in their last three televised matches.

Nothing against Crawley, but I hope Crewe go up, I think we’ll be playing Bolton next season as well. Much as I’d love to see a Norwich v West Brom final, I reckon you can’t look beyond the two sides who were relegated this time last year to contest the Championship final.
    I thought Crawley were excellent, Scott Lindsey has them playing an exciting brand of football, playing little triangles around MK Dons, passing to players wearing the same colour shirt, always looking to attack, and fighting hard to regain possession if they didn’t have the ball.
    He even had wingers that didn’t turn back once they crossed the half way line, what’s all that about???

More excitement in one game than a season of boring Bulut anti football

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I thought Crawley were excellent, Scott Lindsey has them playing an exciting brand of football, playing little triangles around MK Dons, passing to players wearing the same colour shirt, always looking to attack, and fighting hard to regain possession if they didn’t have the ball.
    He even had wingers that didn’t turn back once they crossed the half way line, what’s all that about???

More excitement in one game than a season of boring Bulut anti football
    Swindon fans apparently were delighted to see Scott Lindsey leave. He’s brought about a remarkable turn around at a club most people - including me - expected to go down this season.

I would like Norwich to go up

Leeds and Southampton are big home games for us with decent crowds

I hope Cardiff City veterans beat Bolton.

Anybody but Leeds!

Doncaster threw it away against Crewe. I think Crawley could score 5 against Crewe.

Big shoutout to Cinderford Town, who won their Playoff final 4-0 to get back into the Southern League at the first attempt. Excellent management from Matt Driscoll who came from Aberbargeod Buds & did an exceptional job after starting with no players.

Norwich v Southampton Final Please

Just thinking about the away fans travel commitments , ground atmosphere, rivalry , rather see Baggies & Weeds stay down and Southampton.

Norwich and that barmy East Anglican cooking bird can bugger off up , and look forward to next seasons relegation battles with the other tractor boys ..

wel norwich v leeds is boring

I’d like to see Leeds go up.

Mainly because of the Welsh players and think they’re a good team and will make the championship a bit easier next year

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Mainly because of the Welsh players and think they’re a good team and will make the championship a bit easier next year
    Swansea get £2m to strengthen their squad or line the pockets of the American owners if they do

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I'd like to see them deducted 180 points and plummet into the Weeds at the bottom of the pond .

Its a tough one but Id rather Rylan gets promoted than Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Swansea get £2m to strengthen their squad or line the pockets of the American owners if they
    Why Piroe ?

If so definitely anyone but Leeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Why Piroe ?

If so definitely anyone but Leeds.
    Yes, it was one of the clauses when they signed him.

Three halves of football and no goals yet in the.Championship Play Off games, the West Brom v Southampton game has been an improvement on the first match so far at least though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Three halves of football and no goals yet in the.Championship Play Off games, the West Brom v Southampton game has been an improvement on the first match so far at least though.
    just about.....! WBA missing some chances....would like them to go up..

Has there ever been two 0-0 scores in first play off legs before? If so....what happened in the second leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Has there ever been two 0-0 scores in first play off legs before? If so....what happened in the second leg?
    Apparently it was in 2011. You really don't want to know what happened next...

Little quiz question to think about -
    After beating MK Dons, Crawley will now play at Wembley for the first time. There's still 1 current football league team who haven't played there. Who?

Accrington Stanley....? always love that name...have a soft spot for them...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Little quiz question to think about -
    After beating MK Dons, Crawley will now play at Wembley for the first time. There's still 1 current football league team who haven't played there. Who?
    Barrow?

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Barrow?
    tres desolee....Barrow won the 2010 FA Trophy Final against Stevenage Borough 2–1 at Wembley Stadium with an extra-time goal

It is Accrington Stanley - well done Maurice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It is Accrington Stanley - well done Maurice.

Garnacho...very good player...but he s 19...WHY WHY WHY do they feel the need to plaster their arms with tattoos??? He thinks it is macho??