+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Glamorgan were unlucky that their reward for a very good qualifying campaign was a quarter final against the best team in the country and they did very well to peg the total they had to chase back after it looked like Yorkshire would be getting something like 220. However, the truth is that I gave up on the game as soon as Yorkshire got to 150, because Glamorgan are just not good enough with the bat to chase anything more than that against any half way decent attack.

In fact, having been bowled out for less than a hundred in our last two innings, I'm probably being about fifty runs too generous there. The season's not been a disaster, but we have been over reliant on batsmen number six to ten for ages now and I'm not convinced that any of the young spinners who've played for the first team lately will be good enough to sustain a long career in the game - with Ingram now just a one day batsmen it seems, Wallace being used in a position well above his current batting level, Cooke's future as wicketkeeper uncertain and our so called best batsman having a truly woeful campaign, we look a very brittle outfit indeed.
    Last edited by the other bob wilson; 12-08-16 at 03:10.