+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

On the positive side. Full bowling points, and the Canterbury pitch has been a good batting surface this year.

But after that onslaught, I do worry about a collapse from us

I’d rather give credit to a brilliant innings by a remarkable cricketer.

Labuschagne out to Stevens again with another low score. His poor form is becoming a concern.

Looked like a shocker of a decision mind. Shame as he'd looked very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Looked like a shocker of a decision mind. Shame as he'd looked very bright.
    It looked like it was missing off stump. Perhaps it came back in a bit

First Team

If anything summed up Glammy this day does.
    Credit to the cricketing oap though as a quite remarkable knock.

Fairplay to Stevens, not a shabby day’s play at all for the old timer. Couldn’t believe when I checked the score at around three o’clock after where the game was at lunch.

Awful conditions to play in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Got on for an hour or so. it looks like Lloyd got out lbw pretty quickly. Caught a few overs online at the end. Carlson again did well if you ignore the last over where he played and missed at all 5 bouncers sent down, only scoring off the last. He finished on 88 not out.
    I meant to reply to this message about a week ago, but forgot and only came on to it again just now - I reckon Carlson played that over like he did because he knew the captains had agreed it was going to be the last one.

He’s not scored many, but well done to Joe Cooke for batting a long time in very trying conditions- Glamorgan 55-2.

No play yet, no wonder this is on track to be the wettest May on record to follow on from the coldest April on record.

Just watched the Labuschagne dismissal - looked a dreadful decision, but I think he could be in trouble for seeming to argue with the umpire after he was given out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No play yet, no wonder this is on track to be the wettest May on record to follow on from the coldest April on record.

Just watched the Labuschagne dismissal - looked a dreadful decision, but I think he could be in trouble for seeming to argue with the umpire after he was given out.
    I was a bit torn on his reaction. Certainly wouldn't complain if he was punished, because he showed a fair bit of disrespect to the umpire. On the other hand, it's nice to see that he has that passion and fire burning to score runs for Glamorgan

I was a bit torn on his reaction. Certainly wouldn't complain if he was punished, because he showed a fair bit of disrespect to the umpire. On the other hand, it's nice to see that he has that passion and fire burning to score runs for Glamorgan
    Yes, I mentioned my concerns about his attitude being affected by him not being able to play for Australia, but it doesn’t look like that’s a problem. I think they still have a totting up process for misdemeanours in county cricket so, hopefully, it’ll be just a few penalty points on his license so to speak.

It looked like it was missing off stump. He did appear to say something and he was jumping around in frustration when given out. The umpire seemed to be influenced by Stevens and fieldsmen making such a loud appeal

Finally got started at 5.20, Cooke out without adding to his score - 60-3.

Cooke’s really struggling. He may get another chance in the next game but Selman having scored 69 in his last innings may return pretty soon.

Now off for bad light. Cooke must be frustrated he couldn't hang on for 5mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Cooke’s really struggling. He may get another chance in the next game but Selman having scored 69 in his last innings may return pretty soon.
    Felt sorry for Selman getting dropped after that knock. In his interview after that game he seemed to feel like that was the catalyst to really turn his season around. Always had a soft spot for Selmanband I think he can be a very good player . His stats do suggest that he's had more than enough chances though

So, with Kent needing the win to stand any realistic chance of making the top two, is there any chance Billings and Cooke may come to some agreement on a run chase if the forecast proves to be right and we get a full day in today? Having got their hands burned once at Northampton, I doubt if Glamorgan will be very accommodating, preferring to look for batting points and the prospect of eight points for the draw, but maybe they could be tempted by a generous Kent declaration, because we could put ourselves in the running for a top two finish ourselves if we could get the points for a win.

I think the more realistic option has to be us batting on and the only realistic chance of a positive outcome being if it stays dry and we have an absolute disaster with the bat and lose seventeen wickets in the day.

So, with Kent needing the win to stand any realistic chance of making the top two, is there any chance Billings and Cooke may come to some agreement on a run chase if the forecast proves to be right and we get a full day in today? Having got their hands burned once at Northampton, I doubt if Glamorgan will be very accommodating, preferring to look for batting points and the prospect of eight points for the draw, but maybe they could be tempted by a generous Kent declaration, because we could put ourselves in the running for a top two finish ourselves if we could get the points for a win.

I think the more realistic option has to be us batting on and the only realistic chance of a positive outcome being if it stays dry and we have an absolute disaster with the bat and lose seventeen wickets in the day.
    Glamorgan declare on 64/3 - 243 runs behind - to set up a final day run chase

What an absolutely moronic decision. Second lot of 8 points we are going to piss away this year

Should have batted on for bonus points. Maynard is destroying this team again.

Might have to take that back, looks like we got a good deal out of Kent. Guessing they're just that desperate for points

Sorry entirely disagree. Talk of destroying the team is absolute rubbish

I first followed Glamorgan in the Ossie Wheatley and then Tony Lewis era's.

Their view was if there was any chance of a win then go for it.

Glamorgan won their championship in 1969 partly because Lewis challenged other clubs and with like minded captains like the late Brian "Tonker" Taylor it led to thrilling results like the one win run over Essex at Swansea.

We probably have little chance of being top two any way but we certainly don't by tamely pottering away for a draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Sorry entirely disagree. Talk of destroying the team is absolute rubbish

I first followed Glamorgan in the Ossie Wheatley and then Tony Lewis era's.

Their view was if there was any chance of a win then go for it.

Glamorgan won their championship in 1969 partly because Lewis challenged other clubs and with like minded captains like the late Brian "Tonker" Taylor it led to thrilling results like the one win run over Essex at Swansea.

We probably have little chance of being top two any way but we certainly don't by tamely pottering away for a draw.
    We've already dropped 8 guaranteed points with the declaration against Northants. Here we've gambled 8 points , plus a potential 5 batting bonus points in the hope of taking 16. There is no real payoff. Just Maynard's demented vision of making the team 'prove themselves'

We've already dropped 8 guaranteed points with the declaration against Northants. Here we've gambled 8 points , plus a potential 5 batting bonus points in the hope of taking 16. There is no real payoff. Just Maynard's demented vision of making the team 'prove themselves'
    I would concede that the declaration against Northants was misjudged. Still agree with the concept though.

Edit Looking at the weather now it is all pretty academic anyway!