+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Glamorgan 118-0 with both openers past fifty.

189/4 need 42 with 35 balls left, gonna be close

First Team

Anyone else , with 6 wickets in hand, I would say job done.

However, experience tells me that when Glamorgan are involved extreme caution is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Anyone else , with 6 wickets in hand, I would say job done.

However, experience tells me that when Glamorgan are involved extreme caution is required.
    cook out

16 needed from 9 balls

11 off the last over needed

dismal end after a good start but gave away too many runs

Well, fairplay to Yorks as until I left the house just over an hour ago it looked like a cert Glammy would just about ease to victory (despite the obvious ofc).

Still a really good campaign and finish top of the pile. But that was a disappointing way to end the group stage, really panicked and threw it away. At least it was entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Well, fairplay to Yorks as until I left the house just over an hour ago it looked like a cert Glammy would just about ease to victory (despite the obvious ofc).

Still a really good campaign and finish top of the pile. But that was a disappointing way to end the group stage, really panicked and threw it away. At least it was entertaining!
    I seen City mess up enough games not to have enjoyed Glammy mess that up after a good albeit slow start.

Turn up with your pads and bat at Sophia Gardens and it seems anyone gets a game.

Chucked it away, but Glamorgan have done well in two out of the three competitions they’ve been in this season and I wouldn’t have predicted that given how few matches Labuschagne and Neser were going to play (in the end they played less than expected).

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Chucked it away, but Glamorgan have done well in two out of the three competitions they’ve been in this season and I wouldn’t have predicted that given how few matches Labuschagne and Neser were going to play (in the end they played less than expected).
    Disappointing today, but still enough for a home semi final.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Disappointing today, but still enough for a home semi final.
    Which I think will take place on Monday

180 for 1 with nine overs left, well on course and we still feck it up

Let's hope we've got the quintessential Glammy-style collapse out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Life View Post
    Yes, looks like we play the winners of the Essex v Yorkshire match on Monday.

Brilliant to win the group.

The loss today was criminal mind, batted way too conservatively with 60/70 left and gradually let them in, then a little collapse at the end to hand it over to Yorkshire.

Huge to top the group mind, Rutherford and Selman have been fantastic recently. Really happy to see selman keep churning out the runs. Hogan is unbelievable and lots of youngsters have really stood up.

Dreadful collapse but amusing to knock Somerset out because of it. Their fans are very small minded and full of themselves.

Yes, especially as our collapse mattered not in the end, unlike Yorkshire's nightmare finish.

Essex forcing a draw scoring twenty off the last four balls to end their hopes.

Would have loved hearing Boycott commentating

I'll sithee

Actually it was Lancs, wrong side of t'Pennines

Looking like we’ll be playing Essex on Monday, they got 317-7 and Yorkshire are 72-2 after eighteen overs.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Life View Post
    Off Topic: Tonight I finally got around to buying the Kindle Edition of your book so will read this week. Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Off Topic: Tonight I finally got around to buying the Kindle Edition of your book so will read this week. Looking forward to it.
    Thank you, that is kind and appreciated.
    I really hope you enjoy reading it

Not a great start for Glamorgan, put Essex in and they’re 90-0 off 17 overs, think this could be over already!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Not a great start for Glamorgan, put Essex in and they’re 90-0 off 17 overs, think this could be over already!
    Wonder what strip they are playing on. There have been a couple that play a lot flatter than the rest of the pitches at Sophia Gardens. If it's not one of the flat ones then as you say, 90 -0 could be very ominous

Essex made 289 all out, a total that seems beyond Glamorgan but here’s hoping!

First Team

Hopefully tempting the gods of fate but there is no way the current Glamorgan line up will get near that.

Glamorgan did very well to limit Essex to that score because they were absolutely steaming along at one stage and looked certs to go well over 300. That said, I agree with those who don't have confidence in us chasing down a score like that - we definitely need the in form openers to fire.

🤞