+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Looking good so far. New Essex batsman seemed to find scoring easy from ball 1, suggesting the pitch us a decent batting track. And Rutherford and Selman have got us off to a stormer. C'mon glammy!!!!

Just seen the worst shot in the history of cricket by Reingold.

yep feckin dreadful

this is now a test of game management and brains so we're screwed

now Selman 😧

Just over a run a ball needed and he attempts a fatuous slog.

Useless.

Glam are going to throw this away.

I don't belieeeeeeve it!!!!!

Glamorgan win a semi final

One of Glamorgan's finest ever one day performances

What a great run chase, got there with 2 overs to spare as well, superb batting at the end from Cullen and Cooke, they remained very calm after that mid innings collapse. Great to see Glammy reach a final

Gobsmacked

Outstanding with the bat did we have ringers in!!

Would you believe it?!

From 182-5, partnership of over 100 and won it with a mighty six!

Oh Glammy Glammy!

Great result. Perfectly timed run chase today.

excellent partnership to get over the line and played sensible cricket for once.

I only caught the final over of the game due to work but so pleased to see Joe Cooke win the game in style. He really has done well in this tournament and batted brilliantly.
    What a fabulous win.

Well done Glammy

At one point it looked as though Glammy would throw it away but thanks to Cooke and Cullen they recovered well. Final on Thursday at Trent Bridge.

I couldn't even bear to update it on my phone and only just looked!

Have to admit I thought we were done for when Selman went but fair play to Cooke and Cullen.
    Pissed it in the end
    Fantastic run chase and win Glammy!

👏 👏 👏

Cooke was fantastic and very well supported by cullen. As for Rutherford , selman and hogan, just another day at the office for the 3 of them!!. Awesome glamorgan

Brilliant. Well done to the team but especially Joe Cook 👏

Don’t forget Cooke’s five wickets as well - I think I may know who the Man of the Match is. The funny thing is, he can hardly hit the ball off the square for us when he opens in the four day game.

With the Welsh Fire playing their last game on Wednesday, I wonder if any thought will be given to picking Lloyd for the Final? I hope not in a way because the players that got us to the Final have earned the right to play in it.

Congratulations to all involved on a great achievement which I hope they get the credit they deserve for.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don’t forget Cooke’s five wickets as well - I think I may know who the Man of the Match is. The funny thing is, he can hardly hit the ball off the square for us when he opens in the four day game.

With the Welsh Fire playing their last game on Wednesday, I wonder if any thought will be given to picking Lloyd for the Final? I hope not in a way because the players that got us to the Final have earned the right to play in it.

Congratulations to all involved on a great achievement which I hope they get the credit they deserve for.
    Would love to see Lloyd in, but hope not. If he gets back for Thursday then it means Chris Cooke and Maynard might be back aswell, we'd have zero chance then. The youngsters have been absolutely fantastic!

Dare I say we have a chance at Trent Bridge, given that Lords hasn't done us many favours in finals "of late"

Keep the side as it is. No need for changes.
    What a shame the game wasn’t played yesterday. We would have had a bigger crowd. The final should really be at the weekend but I’m at home on Thursday so will be keeping a close eye on the game.
    As Paul says Cooke has really struggled to score any runs in the four day game. His performances in the one day Cup really should give him a big boost.

Lovely stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    What a great run chase, got there with 2 overs to spare as well, superb batting at the end from Cullen and Cooke, they remained very calm after that mid innings collapse. Great to see Glammy reach a final
    You changed your tune?
    Earlier you was a right misery saying it was all over after 20 overs.

My own win predictor was never above 20%. Great win.

Great day out at Sophia Gardens with the old man, first time we’ve got to spend time with each other in just over a year and my first time in Wales for as long too. Nice one Glammy for topping off a top day.

Now trying to work out if I can get to Trent Bridge on Thursday.