+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For anyone wanting to watch some pre season Glamorgan cricket, there’s some very basic coverage of their warm up match at Gloucestershire here;-

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/gl...eam-and-report

There’s no commentary and I can’t read the scoreboard on my tablet, so I’ve no idea how Gloucestershire are doing, but I do know Glamorgan scored 329-6 yesterday. This follows on from a win over Somerset in their first friendly which owed much to a very generous declaration.

One other thing, I can’t be sure because of not great stream, but it looks like the Glamorgan wicketkeeper and slips are wearing bobble hats .
    I can see the scorecard well on my laptop.Glouester are 50 for 0 at the moment Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I can see the scorecard well on my laptop.Glouester are 50 for 0 at the moment Bob
    Thanks Elwood, I could make out they hadn’t lost any wickets, but didn’t have a clue how many they’d scored - there was very little sign of a possible wicket for Glamorgan in the twenty minutes or so I watched.

A big unbeaten hundred for Kieran Carlson in Glamorgan’s final pre season game, there’s a live stream of the match on

https://glamorgancricket.com/glamorg...22/live-stream

A big unbeaten hundred for Kieran Carlson in Glamorgan’s final pre season game, there’s a live stream of the match on

https://glamorgancricket.com/glamorg...22/live-stream
    I walked past the ground after the game yesterday and could see Carlson 119 not out at the time. Very encouraging.

season starts tomorrow weather permitting ,home to durham

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    season starts tomorrow weather permitting ,home to durham
    The season preview I read in the Guardian yesterday had Glamorgan finishing third behind Notts and Durham - the batting does look stronger on paper, but I’d like to have seen us bring in a spinner.

yes true would have helped ,maybe relying on labucshange a lot more weather dont look good at all this week

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    yes true would have helped ,maybe relying on labucshange a lot more weather dont look good at all this week
    Looks like Salter is going to open the batting. Neser’s over here, but he’s recovering from an injury.

https://glamorgancricket.com/glamorg...070422/preview

Really not convinced by Salter opening

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Really not convinced by Salter opening
    I’ve often thought Salter had the potential to bat higher in the order, but I agree with you, opening seems to be too big a jump - especially in the modern game in this country where they are often just cannon fodder against the Dukes ball on juicy pitches. I assume Byrom is injured because I’ve not seen his name mentioned in the pre season games, but I’m a bit surprised Cooke isn’t opening - his average is poor, but he’s been able to occupy the crease for a long time so that conditions are sometimes easier for the later batsmen.

Good luck to Matthew Maynard and the Glamorgan team as they start the new season against Durham today.
    Live stream via the Glamorgan website match zone.

I think Salter will do ok, should have been moved into our top 4 years ago. He's been the best crease occupier we've had over the last 7/10 years. Quite excited to see him play a big part as his bowling seemed to take a bit of a jump forward last year aswell.

Might just be the usual pre season optimism. But with the new additions I really think promotion is on the cards this year. Byrom and Northeast are very canny pickups. Harris is a stupid signing in my opinion, but it may just work if he can rediscover his form. At the very least, he is always effective in the first few games of the season

Looks like both aussies will be available for large chunks aswell and carlson looks like he's brought last years form into pre season. Got some real match winners.

Well, an interesting start to my cricket watching season, Lloyd hits the first two balls I see for four off Rushworth of all people and then Salter is bowled by Potts with a beauty off the fourth one, Glamorgan have been put in and there’s no Neser in their team.

Well, an interesting start to my cricket watching season, Lloyd hits the first two balls I see for four off Rushworth of all people and then Salter is bowled by Potts with a beauty off the fourth one, Glamorgan have been put in and there’s no Neser in their team.
    i did read a report saying he was struggling with a side strain, you were correct about salter hopefully northeast settles quick coiuld be bonus with him joining

Lloyd is looking fantastic. This will probably jinx him, but he's played some cracking shots.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Lloyd is looking fantastic. This will probably jinx him, but he's played some cracking shots.
    Looks like I did. 76 ball 50 for Ingram, I won't comment on how well he's played !!

Couple of wickets just before lunch for Durham ruins what had been a good session for Glamorgan, 108-4.

First time I've had hail stop play.

168-4 at the close with Ingram 71 not out, a pretty good response by Glamorgan to being put in by a team with as good a seam bowling attack as Durham.

Great by Ingram and Cooke, real quality innings. Northeast was awful, wafting away constantly and putting us in trouble just before lunch. All in all a good day, Lloyd looked good until he got out, salter and carlson were undone early by good balls.

Went into a meeting when Cooke reached his fifty and came out to a collapse of 4 for 15 (I think). That’s the last meeting of the day then… Disappointing morning session that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Went into a meeting when Cooke reached his fifty and came out to a collapse of 4 for 15 (I think). That’s the last meeting of the day then… Disappointing morning session that.
    Yes, a lot of yesterday’s good work undone - Cooke played well, but it was a poor shot selection by him to get out.

Disappointing morning session. Let’s see what the bowlers can do.

Disapointing not to at least reach 250. Raining again, so hopefully not to much chance of Durham being able to post a match winning score.

Think Durham just have been slugging out for a declaration this morning as Salter took seven wickets as they collapsed, losing seven wickets for less than forty. It’s still a handy lead though and, at 28-3, Glamorgan adding real danger of starting with what would be a very bad defeat considering how much time has been lost in the game.