+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

First time I've had hail stop play.

168-4 at the close with Ingram 71 not out, a pretty good response by Glamorgan to being put in by a team with as good a seam bowling attack as Durham.

Great by Ingram and Cooke, real quality innings. Northeast was awful, wafting away constantly and putting us in trouble just before lunch. All in all a good day, Lloyd looked good until he got out, salter and carlson were undone early by good balls.

Went into a meeting when Cooke reached his fifty and came out to a collapse of 4 for 15 (I think). That’s the last meeting of the day then… Disappointing morning session that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Went into a meeting when Cooke reached his fifty and came out to a collapse of 4 for 15 (I think). That’s the last meeting of the day then… Disappointing morning session that.
    Yes, a lot of yesterday’s good work undone - Cooke played well, but it was a poor shot selection by him to get out.

Disappointing morning session. Let’s see what the bowlers can do.

Disapointing not to at least reach 250. Raining again, so hopefully not to much chance of Durham being able to post a match winning score.

Think Durham just have been slugging out for a declaration this morning as Salter took seven wickets as they collapsed, losing seven wickets for less than forty. It’s still a handy lead though and, at 28-3, Glamorgan adding real danger of starting with what would be a very bad defeat considering how much time has been lost in the game.

struggle to draw the way its going

Fingers crossed carlson and Ingram can carry on. What a player Ingram is.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Fingers crossed carlson and Ingram can carry on. What a player Ingram is.
    gone 66-4

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    gone 66-4
    Do you know any good rain dances ? Think we've hit that stage now.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    gone 66-4
    Do you know any good rain dances ? Think we've hit that stage now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think Durham just have been slugging out for a declaration this morning as Salter took seven wickets as they collapsed, losing seven wickets for less than forty. It’s still a handy lead though and, at 28-3, Glamorgan adding real danger of starting with what would be a very bad defeat considering how much time has been lost in the game.
    I wondered what was going on as they lost 7 in just over 8 overs with salter taking 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    I wondered what was going on as they lost 7 in just over 8 overs with salter taking 6.
    It usually takes him until about July to get to seven wickets for the season

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It usually takes him until about July to get to seven wickets for the season
    127-4. Just 22 behind! Decent stand but these 2 need to keep going. Lose 1..........

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    127-4. Just 22 behind! Decent stand but these 2 need to keep going. Lose 1..........
    A comfortable draw on the end but typically made us sweat at 66/4 😰

The prediction column which had us finishing third I mentioned earlier had Notts, who we play this week, finishing top and Durham second, so it’s a testing start for us and we could do with having our two Australian players available for Trent Bridge.

One important point to mention. Is that Alex Lees innings was essentially the difference between the sides. He was absolutely plumb lbw twice early Saturday morning, but neither were given. Was struggling to lay bat on ball for the first hour of his innings. Obviously huge credit to him for digging in, but we could have very easily been right in the game if he had been given.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Can't wait to see him back in the glamorgan side. Unbelievable player !!

Marnus back today! Ingram dropped from squad which must mean Neser is fit aswell. Looks like no Broad in the notts side either. Glamorgan 12/5 to win, draw no bet. Looks a tasty price to me

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Marnus back today! Ingram dropped from squad which must mean Neser is fit aswell. Looks like no Broad in the notts side either. Glamorgan 12/5 to win, draw no bet. Looks a tasty price to me
    Yes but this is Glamorgan.

That 12/5 odds could easily be our first innings score!

Seriously though, it would be nice to get off to a flier, especially with those two class performers.
    The team performs so much better when there is something to play for.

They put Notts in to bat on what looks a very green pitch, but the home side are going along at nearly five an over - 67-1 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes but this is Glamorgan.

That 12/5 odds could easily be our first innings score!

Seriously though, it would be nice to get off to a flier, especially with those two class performers.
    The team performs so much better when there is something to play for.

Very true ! Hopefully this year is the year it all changes !