+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Was expecting us to slow down when marnus fell. But still going for it ! Would be an amazing win of we can pull this off.

gonna be close

Glammy doing a Cardiff ☹️

omg😱

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Glammy doing a Cardiff ☹️
    Glamorgan doing a Glammy

Need to pull out of this run chase and play for the draw. It’s been a good effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Need to pull out of this run chase and play for the draw. It’s been a good effort.
    Yes, looks like a glorious failurr unfortunately

Under 2 overs to go and Glamorgan settling for the draw.

Derby attacking field.

Great entertainment.

Honourable draw in the end

310/8 at the close

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Northeast six!!

Now gone!

Eight down. Ten balls left. FFS just bat it out as there is no chance of winning from here.

10 balls left and all 4 results very much on!

circus

Wonderful game.

And breathe....

I've never watched the online coverage before but did fir ghe last 10 overs.
    That was good stuff, just a shame we had to give up on the chase in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I've never watched the online coverage before but did fir ghe last 10 overs.
    That was good stuff, just a shame we had to give up on the chase in the end.
    It’s the first time I’ve watched it online also. Edward Bevan is class isn’t he.

A little naive when Cullen came in. Hogged the bowling with Northeast stuck at the other end. It turned the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    A little naive when Cullen came in. Hogged the bowling with Northeast stuck at the other end. It turned the game.
    I think Sidebottom's wicket maiden turned it around.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It’s the first time I’ve watched it online also. Edward Bevan is class isn’t he.
    I knew him a fair few years ago and yes he's class. I got into Sophia Gardens without paying plenty of times on the back of it. Him and Don Sheppard were a great radio partnership.
    Apart from him commentating when the ball crashed through the window, my favourite bit of his commentating was when he was covering an overseas tour. 5live went to him for the last 2 or 3 deliveries as the result was on a knife-edge. In the excitement he stood up and accidentally kicked a cable taking himself off air. Listeners missed the end of the game 😁

Credit to both teams, Derbyshire for a bolder declaration than I was expecting and Glamorgan for almost pulling it off - right result in the end I suppose because there wasn’t much between the sides throughout.

Home to Leicestershire, who look to be fairly weak this season, next with a forecast for four dry days - Glamorgan could do with an away type performance at Sophia Gardens at the moment, not losing the toss then getting bowled out cheaply would be a start.

Found this from BBC archive

The making for cricket bats / balls

https://fb.watch/cNkbbZ8QxD/

Disapointing morning, would have hoped for at least 2 wickets. I suppose the one positive is that we've kept the scoring rate down.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Disapointing morning, would have hoped for at least 2 wickets. I suppose the one positive is that we've kept the scoring rate down.
    Especially after winning the toss and putting them in, too early to say Glamorgan are underperforming yet again at Cardiff, but it’s not a good start.