+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Anyone going tonight.

Tricky one for me as a Middx born but watched Glammy first.

What’s up with the floodlights that it has to start so early?
    I'm down there tonight. Hopefully a better performance tonight

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I'm down there tonight. Hopefully a better performance tonight
    No chance I can get there with work. Still no Neser which is getting silly now. Ingram needs to perform today. Enjoy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    No chance I can get there with work. Still no Neser which is getting silly now. Ingram needs to perform today. Enjoy the game.
    Put him in to open tonight, and he's just hit a six. Hopefully a good innings today can get him going

I see Ingram has got his fifty.
    76 for 3 off 10.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I see Ingram has got his fifty.
    76 for 3 off 10.
    Finally Ingram produces the goods but the innings is subsiding at 94/5 off 14. Too many players are not doing anywhere near enough

Finally Ingram produces the goods but the innings is subsiding at 94/5 off 14. Too many players are not doing anywhere near enough
    Yup, he's running out of partners and overs!

Seven down now!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yup, he's running out of partners and overs!

Seven down now!
    Ingram gone and at 122/8 we will be lucky to reach 140. The rest of the batting has been pathetic.

Sisodya hits the one ball he faced for a six to get us to 150-9 - doesn’t look a great score, but 144 won on Wednesday and it is a used pitch.

Why or why don't they use Van Guten to open the bowling and bowl 4 on the spin.
    He looks our most potent bowler in the opening overs but not so good at the death.

Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    Why or why don't they use Van Guten to open the bowling and bowl 4 on the spin.
    He looks our most potent bowler in the opening overs but not so good at the death.
    We won easily!

A much needed win. We really need the batsmen to be more consistent if we are to finish top four.

A much needed win. We really need the batsmen to be more consistent if we are to finish top four.
    With four out of our five games played at home, I think you need to factor in the Cardiff pitch, which hasn’t been great all season, when assessing our batting.

It kind of got lost in the collapse as it was happening. But our last 6 overs with the bat have been pivotal. Despite losing wickets we added 50 odd , very similar to what kent did against us. Great win!!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    With four out of our five games played at home, I think you need to factor in the Cardiff pitch, which hasn’t been great all season, when assessing our batting.
    It was very odd tonight Some balls keeping low whilst others flew up.

Great to get down there tonight after 2 long years. Very enjoyable despite the weather.

It was very odd tonight Some balls keeping low whilst others flew up.
    Yes, it's hard to know what to make of it because they often look like typical slow, low Cardiff pitches and then one will take off a little like it did in that game with Hampshire which got abandoned a few years back - I think the England and Wales Cricket Board will be expecting better pitches for the upcoming international games to be played there.

Very good 2 days for Glamorgan qualification chances. The top 3 teams in our group all lose pivotal players from now. They'd have been banking on 2 points in yesterday's games to give them a bit of a cushion. Surrey have seen their last 2 matches abandoned and now lose both currans and Jason Roy. Kent lose Sam Billings and Sussex lose Chris Jordan. Even if we drop points against Somerset tonight, it's still very much game on in terms of qualification

And your point is?

Not a bad outcome for Glamorgan last night all things considered - we usually lose at Taunton in T20 games.

Another match abandoned for Glamorgan, this time at Sussex and,given their record so far, it’s not a bad outcome for us, but I think that’s enough rained off games this season for us now.