+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    84-5. That disaster is looming.
    84/7 with 2 batsmen perhaps not batting. Would have been a herculean effort to win this all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    84/7 with 2 batsmen perhaps not batting. Would have been a herculean effort to win this all things considered.
    I’m sure they will both bat but this is looking decidedly iffy.

not looking good 104 for 6

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    not looking good 104 for 6
    Root out in similar fashion to Salter and Labuschagne and pulling at another short ball. Really poor batting.
    Durham favourites now.

Lloyd gone. Seven down. Hugely disappointing. The Labuschagne wicket last night looks likely to prove to be pivotal.

Odd that we elected to field when the scores have reduced significantly between first and second innings

what a total feckedup batting display

Very disappointing result

Thats disapointing. At least we picked up 7 bonus points, and middlesex look like drawing. Tinkerman Maynard doesn't help. I'm sure he'll come out with some crap about it being a 'good learning experience.

To be fair, we were two bowlers short and Durham have one in Potts who must be bringing himself into test contention with his form this season. However, having now seen the shot Labuschagne played, I think it was the biggest turning point in the game and a real kick in the guts for the Glamorgan dressing room at a time when they must have been thinking they’d got through an awkward session. Labuschagne’s modest score was the highest of our second innings though and although Northeast has improved the batting and you hope Byrom will as well, it still has a flakey look to it at times.

Really poor from Maynard. We threw that away. It’s bad enough having one non opener in Salter but to start the second innings with Gorvin opening up with him was just stupid. It was always going to see us two down in no time at all. Follow that with Labuschagne’s brain dead hook shot and the writing was on the wall.

This Salter experiment must now end irrespective of whether Byrom is fit when we return to red ball cricket

Acccording to the Telegraph former Glamorgan coach Matthew Mott is set to be announced as England's white ball coach in the next 48 hours.

Mott confirmed as England white ball coach.

Matthew Potts, who blew Glamorgan away on the weekend, in the England squad for the first two tests against New Zealand along with in form Yorkshire batsman Harry Brook - Anderson, Broad, Crawley, Pope, Overton and Leach included in a thirteen man squad.

Anyone desperate to see some live cricket can watch a stream of Glamorgan seconds’ friendly with Somerset starting at twelve on the club website - reckon there may be a fair few first team players involved.

First Team

Is it possible to watch T20 games like the 4-day games somewhere other than (is it) Sky?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Is it possible to watch T20 games like the 4-day games somewhere other than (is it) Sky?
    I doubt there will be any coverage on the Glammy streaming service. I will check tonight. If there is a stream I will post confirmation on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I doubt there will be any coverage on the Glammy streaming service. I will check tonight. If there is a stream I will post confirmation on here.
    The club website says the game is being streamed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The club website says the game is being streamed.
    Excellent. See above post too

Smile Re: GLAMMY

According to my son the game is available in YouTube via Sussex cricket

Feeling positive about this campaign. Sam Northeast is a good addition to the batting lineup, marnus up top, good all rounders. We've also got a huge boost compared to last year, in losing cookes awful captaincy.

Yep the Glammy stream is up and running

Glamorgan have put Sussex in to bat. Douthwaite, Sisodya and John Cooke in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glamorgan have put Sussex in to bat. Douthwaite, Sisodya and John Cooke in the side.
    Douthwaite likely to be expensive. Joe Cooke did really well in the RLC last season.

Luke Wright has given us so many problems over the years. I cannot believe Bopara is still playing

Very good so far from glamorgan. Pitch looks flat as can be and the boundaries are tiny. 190 looks par on this. We've got them 71/3 after 9