+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

  1. #2781

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Ingram is under contract for next season as well. Neser doesn't seem to be in Australia's plans at the moment, so could be available for almost all of next season.

    Need to get van der Gugten to sign a new contract now - he's been very good this season. Fully expecting James Harris to sign for next season as well.
    Sadly, because he was a fine player at his best, I think James Harris would struggle to get in our side now based on his form for us and Middlesex this season.

  2. #2782

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sadly, because he was a fine player at his best, I think James Harris would struggle to get in our side now based on his form for us and Middlesex this season.
    In his first season he became the youngest player ever to take 10 wickets or more in a county cricket match (he took 12).

    He followed this up by being 13 runs away from being the youngest ever century maker in county cricket (he scored 87 not out)

    I think many thought then we had a future England star in the making

    Unfortunately whilst he has had a good career he never reached those heights and in fact that 87* remains his highest first class score.

    As you say not sure what he brings to the party for us now though

  3. #2783

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    In his first season he became the youngest player ever to take 10 wickets or more in a county cricket match (he took 12).

    He followed this up by being 13 runs away from being the youngest ever century maker in county cricket (he scored 87 not out)

    I think many thought then we had a future England star in the making

    Unfortunately whilst he has had a good career he never reached those heights and in fact that 87* remains his highest first class score.

    As you say not sure what he brings to the party for us now though
    There was a time when he was very close to a test call up, but I think it was always felt that he didn’t quite have enough pace and he wasn’t the first or last cricketer whose career suffered because he made changes to try and satisfy the England selectors. I agree with you about his batting, he’s better than his average suggests - he was so good in scoring his only century, in a televised one day match for Middlesex, that there really should have been quite a few others.

  4. #2784

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Ingram is under contract for next season as well. Neser doesn't seem to be in Australia's plans at the moment, so could be available for almost all of next season.

    Need to get van der Gugten to sign a new contract now - he's been very good this season. Fully expecting James Harris to sign for next season as well.
    I am genuinely surprised Ingram is back again next season.

  5. #2785

    Re: GLAMMY

    Is Neser playing in the Royal London Cup?

  6. #2786

    Re: GLAMMY

    Pretty sure I read somewhere that both Australians are playing their last game of the season for us tomorrow.

  7. #2787

    Re: GLAMMY

    That’s what I’ve read. So Neser will have played something like 6 Championship games and that’s it.

  8. #2788

    Re: GLAMMY

    I've got used to seeing Glamorgan wickets fall from the first ball I've watched on the stream in recent seasons, but this time it was Van Der Gugten getting one - Northants, batting on winning the toss, have made a decent start at 40-1 and Vasconcelos, who always scores runs against us, is still there.

  9. #2789

    Re: GLAMMY

    Glamorgan going pretty well at 177-4 in reply to Northants' 215 at lunch, but they were 154-2 with Labuschagne and Root going great guns until Edward Bevan started talking about how much on top they were - of course, that was the signal for them both to be out within the next three balls!

  10. #2790

    Re: GLAMMY

    400 for 4
    Carlson and Cooke with a 200plus partnership

  11. #2791

    Re: GLAMMY

    462-4 at the close with Carlson and Cooke putting on an unbroken 300 plus. Incredible really considering the scores at the ground throughout the season, but, occasionally, the Sophia Gardens pitch gets flatter and flatter as a game goes on and this might well be one of those wickets. However, barring something truly incredible tomorrow, Glamorgan will take enough points to go above Northants even if it’s a draw and finish a very creditable third in a six team group which has four First Division sides in it.

  12. #2792

    Re: GLAMMY

    Great day today. Hopefully they can skittle Northants out tomorrow.

  13. #2793

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by willo1927 View Post
    400 for 4
    Carlson and Cooke with a 200plus partnership
    Finished 462-4.
    400 runs in the day.
    300 partnership.
    Highest ever 5th wicket partnership for Glamorgan, beating one from 1949.
    Highest ever 5th wicket partnership by anyone v Northamptonshire.
    And one for the purist - First 100 of the partnership no extras.

  14. #2794

    Re: GLAMMY

    On a Glamorgan theme, Andrew Balbirnie, who had a really tough time of it with us at the start of the season, scored a hundred for Ireland today in their comfortable forty odd run win over South Africa in a fifty over match in Dublin.

  15. #2795

    Re: GLAMMY

    Lovely stuff today. As much as the T20 performances have been disappointing the team have done very well in the Championship. We will finish third which in a very tough group is excellent.
    I hope Carlson gets a shot with England Lions this winter.

  16. #2796

    Re: GLAMMY

    Very good day . Root and Marnus were very good. When they were both bowled within a few balls it looked like same old story. What a partnership by Cooke and carlson though

  17. #2797

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Lovely stuff today. As much as the T20 performances have been disappointing the team have done very well in the Championship. We will finish third which in a very tough group is excellent.
    I hope Carlson gets a shot with England Lions this winter.
    Agreed

  18. #2798

    Re: GLAMMY

    great to watch the batting performance tues afternoon on the telly, let's hope they can do the business later today.

  19. #2799

    Re: GLAMMY

    Glamorgan declare … 247 ahead

  20. #2800

    Re: GLAMMY

    We should win this now, but why not another half hour this morning, or really hit out last night. Another declaration from a very strong position, that gives the opposition a very good chance.

    Got to be honest, can't quite get onboard with the overachieved narrative that Maynard wants to pump out. The 2 aussies are world class, Lloyd's scored lots from the top, Carlson has looked fantastic at times and the bowling attack has showed the quality we all knew it had. We should be playing hard and trying to maximise points, rather than this idea of 'making a game of it for the experience '.

    They don't need toughening up or 'experiences '. They deserve to be sent out as a team that can and should compete hard and win a lot of games.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •