+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Yeah definitely. Think he'll be huge for us in the t20's. Played the anchor role today, but he's got the ability to really put his foot down aswell. Marnus looked really destructive, must have been gutted to get out to that ball.
    On the other side of the coin, early season but Tyrell Mills looks a shadow of the bowler he was last year. Saw him at a Hundred game at the Aegis Bowl last year and his opening and death bowling was really intelligent and intimidating. Seemed easily read and wayward today. Hope he gets it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Hope you get to see at least one Glammy win. Going to Sophia Gardens next Thursday for my first live game in three years.
    We used to be nailed on for a win at the Oval, with that freakish streak there, but been chastened there a bit recently.

Hope you get some good weather for Thursday Pearcey! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    We used to be nailed on for a win at the Oval, with that freakish streak there, but been chastened there a bit recently.

Hope you get some good weather for Thursday Pearcey! ��
    Thanks. Just to say I ain’t booking the tickets until Wednesday. I know what the weather’s like. Had some miserable experiences in Cardiff over the years. Really looking forward to going back though....weather permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    On the other side of the coin, early season but Tyrell Mills looks a shadow of the bowler he was last year. Saw him at a Hundred game at the Aegis Bowl last year and his opening and death bowling was really intelligent and intimidating. Seemed easily read and wayward today. Hope he gets it sorted.
    He had quite an iffy ipl aswell. He looked so good in the hundred that I thought he was really going to kick on and be unplayable. Thought that sussex attack actually looked quite weak today, certainly less scary than the potential Archer, Khan and a firing mills that we could have been facing

All very comfortable for Glamorgan, far moreso than I was expecting. Hogan, playing his first T20 game for us since 2019, yet again showed how much he's going to be missed, but a special word for Dan Douthwaite (who I'd like to see back in the four day squad) for some surprisingly fine bowling late on. Also good to see local products Lloyd and Carlson with the best run rates in our reply to what turned out to be a modest Sussex total.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All very comfortable for Glamorgan, far moreso than I was expecting. Hogan, playing his first T20 game for us since 2019, yet again showed how much he's going to be missed, but a special word for Dan Douthwaite (who I'd like to see back in the four day squad) for some surprisingly fine bowling late on. Also good to see local products Lloyd and Carlson with the best run rates in our reply to what turned out to be a modest Sussex total.
    Douthwaite is a bit wayward but he did really well towards the end especially the 18th over where he bowled a few slower balls which really got the better of the batsmen. Good to see him back though because he is a bit unlucky not to be involved in the red ball squad.
    Hogan is simply good enough to carry on playing. We will miss him next season and beyond

Douthwaite is a bit wayward but he did really well towards the end especially the 18th over where he bowled a few slower balls which really got the better of the batsmen. Good to see him back though because he is a bit unlucky not to be involved in the red ball squad.
    Hogan is simply good enough to carry on playing. We will miss him next season and beyond
    was there a way to watch the game ?

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    was there a way to watch the game ?
    Yep. Go onto the Glammy cricket website to the usual stream and it’s on there. It seems all games are being streamed so check it out tonight. I stuck it on the telly via YouTube last night.

Yep. Go onto the Glammy cricket website to the usual stream and it’s on there. It seems all games are being streamed so check it out tonight. I stuck it on the telly via YouTube last night.
    nice one thanks

live on sky next thursday

Hope you're all excited for a bit of Will Jacks violence tonight. Either way, Surrey/Glam at the Oval has traditionally been quite the runfest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Hope you're all excited for a bit of Will Jacks violence tonight. Either way, Surrey/Glam at the Oval has traditionally been quite the runfest
    Fair play, Thats a very good t20 squad Surrey have put together there, although I do think the overseas players are a bit weak. Reputation over performance, especially in the case of fatty pollard. Was quite disappointed we won't be facing him today.

Fair play, Thats a very good t20 squad Surrey have put together there, although I do think the overseas players are a bit weak. Reputation over performance, especially in the case of fatty pollard. Was quite disappointed we won't be facing him today.
    Narine has 438 T20 wickets at just over 21, and in the last few years has shown himself to be a pretty capable pinch hitter at the top of the order. Not sure what you're on about. As for Pollard there's a reason why experienced players like him are still revered on the T20 circuit

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Narine has 438 T20 wickets at just over 21, and in the last few years has shown himself to be a pretty capable pinch hitter at the top of the order. Not sure what you're on about. As for Pollard there's a reason why experienced players like him are still revered on the T20 circuit
    Narines batting success seems to have disappeared as fast as it arrived, although by saying that I've probably jinxed glamorgan tonight and he'll smash a few. For the money they would cost i think there's a lot better out there. Tim David at Lancs will cause a few sides problems, especially when him and livingstone are going together.

Anyone else having issues with the stream ?

Yep. Just showing highlights of another game

yes, showing Surrey v Middlesex replay

listening to Radio Wales commentary

just checked the ECB website https://www.ecb.co.uk/live-match-hub and it's not showing as a live streamed match which is odd

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    yes, showing Surrey v Middlesex replay
    It was fascinating the first fifteen times I saw it.

Stream now working

47-2 off 6.3. Labuschagne out.
    This is a very strong Surrey side

Thanks taffy and pearcey. I'd just about given up on it !

Thanks taffy and pearcey. I'd just about given up on it !
    It’s on but no sound