+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Disapointing result and manner of defeat. But still encouraged with this group of players so far in the 50 over comp.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Disapointing result and manner of defeat. But still encouraged with this group of players so far in the 50 over comp.
    I agree, I think some of the criticism of yesterday is a bit over the top given that,although they were also depleted somewhat, SomerSet are one of the strongest sides in this country and defending champions of this tro0hy. If Gorman had muddled that final ball a little bit Berger, Glamorgan would have - it was o ly a yard or two short of being a six.

Such a shame to lose like that. With all the rain around I had assumed the game had been abandoned as a draw.

Not a great start for us; no idea how we'll do with 12 players being lost to the new crap thing...

Surrey 30-3 in the tenth over.

Surrey 97-7 off thirty overs.

Was looking forward to Amla bat a bit more but not complaining from a Glammy perspective.

8 down now, hopefully knock these couple off quickly and see how we fare on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Not a great start for us; no idea how we'll do with 12 players being lost to the new crap thing...
    Shame there isnít more flexibility with players joining their counties for some one day games if the schedule permits. Sure Aussie players did so between the tests with India and the BBL last winter unless Iím mistaken.

Glamorgan need 133 to win.

some crazy shot play already. Selman played on fishing wide, Reingold doing similar. bags of time wtf!

15 to win from 28 overs with 7 wickets left

Surely not even Glamorgan can mess........

No I won't jinx it!

From 103-1 to 133-5, but Glamorgan win.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    From 103-1 to 133-5, but Glamorgan win.
    As soon as I had posted that they were on the cusp of winning the 4th wicket went down!!

If only they had beaten Somerset.

They are still in with a decent shot if they concentrate though

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    As soon as I had posted that they were on the cusp of winning the 4th wicket went down!!

If only they had beaten Somerset.

They are still in with a decent shot if they concentrate though
    Yes a bit of a wobble but a very good win in the end. Shame about Somerset and also that the Derbyshire game was abandoned as they are really struggling. All to play for though.

Great win … hope for a similar result at Leicestershire on Thursday

Decent enough looking score at Grace Road. Selman with 140, Root with a decent knock too but needs to lay off the reverse sweeps. Rain may have a say in the decision however.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    Decent enough looking score at Grace Road. Selman with 140, Root with a decent knock too but needs to lay off the reverse sweeps. Rain may have a say in the decision however.
    Yep rain due in Leicester this afternoon but we may get enough play for DL to kick in.

good knock but now the rain will do us ��

Match abandoned which means both of our games against the bottom teams in the group have been rained off - still, you’d like to think that one win from our remaining games, both at home, will see us in the knock out phase.

Excellent innings by Selman today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Match abandoned which means both of our games against the bottom teams in the group have been rained off - still, you’d like to think that one win from our remaining games, both at home, will see us in the knock out phase.

Excellent innings by Selman today.
    Annoying. We have to win the group to be guaranteed a semi final place. We may need to win both games. One win should be enough for too three though and a chance of the semi finals.