+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

This is tighter than we deserved thanks to Hogan

gutted! poor Hogan had no support.

Even Ed Bevan commented on the crap bowling support.

With decent captaincy we win that game. Really really poor from Lloyd. What was he thinking? Let’s hope he learns from this.
    There needs to be a discussion with Michael Hogan about staying on for another season. Absolutely stunning from him. We had no right to still be in that game at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    With decent captaincy we win that game. Really really poor from Lloyd. What was he thinking? Let’s hope he learns from this.
    There needs to be a discussion with Michael Hogan about staying on for another season. Absolutely stunning from him. We had no right to still be in that game at the end.

Only bit I disagree with is another season , needs to be at least 2 or 3 seasons !!

Lloyd hasn't done that well with his batting either and dropped a dolly catch. Think Sunday will be tough.

shame Sunday's match isn't at Lords 'cos Radlett is a right pain to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Only bit I disagree with is another season , needs to be at least 2 or 3 seasons !!
    Will gladly put my hand in my wallet if the buckets are around Sophia Gardens next week. He should have been on the winning side tonight. A bit disappointed with Neser. He has looked very ordinary in T20 and very much second best compared with his compatriot.

Will gladly put my hand in my wallet if the buckets are around Sophia Gardens next week. He should have been on the winning side tonight. A bit disappointed with Neser. He has looked very ordinary in T20 and very much second best compared with his compatriot.
    why didn't Marnus bowl another over?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    why didn't Marnus bowl another over?
    Yep. A good second over and then taken off. Surrey were still favourites when Sisodiya was brought back on. That was the crucial over. Had Hogan bowled it they would have struggled to pick up many and the pressure was then on. Very frustrating.

Surprised Joe Cooke or Lloyd didn't have at least an over.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Surprised Joe Cooke or Lloyd didn't have at least an over.
    Yep. Cooke can be expensive but does take wickets. Sisodiya 2 overs for 29 and brought back to bowl again. Surrey got away with that.

I was up at the Oval for the game a few years back when we scored over 220 with Cooke and Ingram battering 6s all over the place. I honestly though we would have had Ingram playing tonight as the Oval is clearly a batting track. Our total should have been closer to 200 this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I was up at the Oval for the game a few years back when we scored over 220 with Cooke and Ingram battering 6s all over the place. I honestly though we would have had Ingram playing tonight as the Oval is clearly a batting track. Our total should have been closer to 200 this evening.
    Ingram hasn’t done much for a few seasons. I would prefer Neser as our second overseas player. Labuschagne will be leaving halfway through T20 so Ingram will come into the side.

Lloyd really should have taken that catch and who knows what would have happened if he had done, but I think that if those two teams played each other ten times, Surrey would win seven or eight of them - we were competitive against many peoples favourites to win the Blast, that’s progress on the previous couple of seasons.

That was closer than I was expecting it to be in the end but always felt like we were behind the game. Pope and Curran’s partnership took it away from us and in the end felt like we did well to make it as tight a finish as it was. Some sloppy fielding unfortunately but a fine night for Hogan and agree with many a sentiment on here, I’d love for him to rethink hanging up his spikes.

Despite the loss that was an enjoyable and entertaining evening out. I think this was the first t20 game I’ve been to since the pandemic and I had to chuckle at the reverse etiquette when I’d gotten a round in and naturally waited for the over to finish before heading to our seats only for a steward to tell me to stop holding up the queue!

Sat next to someone that had the same Adrian Dale testimonial cap on, a hand me down from my old man on my part. I’ve not seen one “in the wild” for a long time.

David Lloyd hits the first ball of the game for six, Glamorgan 15-0 off one over after being put in by Middlesex - make that 15-1, Lloyd bowled.

dull setup from Lloyd to a v good bowler

good stream on youtube if anyone wants to watch

88-4 off 10 is very poor given what Middlesex scored at this ground the other night. We need some big sixes from Douthwaite

88-4 off 10 is very poor given what Middlesex scored at this ground the other night. We need some big sixes from Douthwaite
    Was really looking forward to this game but I don’t think we’re going to post anywhere near enough on this small ground to make this a contest

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Was really looking forward to this game but I don’t think we’re going to post anywhere near enough on this small ground to make this a contest
    I don’t think we are anywhere near close. Up to Douthwaite to try and rescue this.

This is dire. Business as usual.

I don’t think we are anywhere near close. Up to Douthwaite to try and rescue this.
    105/6 pathetic

will we make 120?