+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Was getting a bit worried after 2 overs. Pulled this back very well

Bob, I was very surprised at the betting and I thought 3/1 against NZ rather tempting, IF Root had got out I could see another panicky collapse but in fairness he and Foakes did the job without too many alarms. I can see the headlines now "England beat the World Test Champions!".

They'll pick the same side regardless of the quality of the batting in the first innings.

Decent total that with JOverton at the end

Overton has dragged them up close to par, but hopefully we can still chase these runs down

Kent in a strong position against middlesex. If they can win then 1 or 2 points from this would set us up very nicely.

No result 1 point

Marnus heading back to Australia today. Looks like we've still got Neser for at least a few more weeks.

I went for the first innings yesterday before strolling down to the CCS.

Very low crowd, more like the numbers that turn up for a 4 day game.

Glamorgan really did miss a trick by not starting at 12 or 1230. Sadly, I'm not sure they seem to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanishen Bull View Post
    I went for the first innings yesterday before strolling down to the CCS.

Very low crowd, more like the numbers that turn up for a 4 day game.

Glamorgan really did miss a trick by not starting at 12 or 1230. Sadly, I'm not sure they seem to care.
    I thought it was odd that the start got moved back to 2.00 and not earlier but, to be fair, there seemed to be some logic behind it. During the Surrey innings there were regular reminders that the Wales game would be shown on the big screens so I assume the plan was for the cricket to finish around 16.50 then everyone would stay in the ground to watch Wales v Ukraine in the afternoon sunshine. Not the worst plan, the club could boast it had a fan zone for the football and the food and drink outlets would do a roaring trade.

Except it didn't quite turn out like that. I wonder how many ended up watching on the big screens in the pouring rain? Like you said, there weren't many people there to start with. There wasn't any feeding the snake during the Surrey innings, that's for sure, Even feeding the worm would've been a struggle. Shame really, it was turning into a decent game and everyone involved deserved better luck with the weather.

I thought they wanted to move it completely but the half an hour shift was all they were allowed?

Could’ve been a decent alternative if the weather played it’s part for those that didn’t have tickets for the football and had some offer for those that did have tickets for the Ukraine game.

Great from Lloyd. Utterly useless from Northeast (again). Hopefully Lloyd keeps going and 180/200 is on the cards

111/3 off 14. Really struggling after Lloyd’s great start. Surely Douthwaite and Carlson should have come in ahead of Byrom.

128/4 with 4.1 overs left. We will post a competitive total but we should have been looking at 200 after such a great start.

We are making a mess of this. Poor from Carlson

Apart from Lloyd that was piss poor

There's not a huge amount of power in that batting lineup. Good players, but not many 6 hitters. So surely when we lose our first wicket after 10 overs, it has to be douthwaite coming out. We had a chance to get him in and give him a licence. Just seems to be no real intent from management. They're obviously happy with these northeast innings aswell

Ball attracted to the fielders like a magnet. Great start, awful second half. Don’t think rain will save us tonight.

Hopefully the bowlers will pull off a result for us.

Why are Glamorgan using a wicket which was very slow originally for a third consecutive game? There were two nicks which didn’t carry to the wicketkeeper in the first few overs and it got more and more slow and low as the ball softened. I’d be quite confident that we could win this with Neser playing, not too sure we can do without him - raining now which favours Gloucestershire.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Why are Glamorgan using a wicket which was very slow originally for a third consecutive game? There were two nicks which didn’t carry to the wicketkeeper in the first few overs and it got more and more slow and low as the ball softened. I’d be quite confident that we could win this with Neser playing, not too sure we can do without him - raining now which favours Gloucestershire.
    We don’t get much luck with the weather in Cardiff. This faint drizzle will just carry on for hours. Think this will be one point each which is not ideal

That was very poor from Weighell. If that was Carlson it would have been out

Another disappointing defeat. Too many players contributing very little. Are Carey and Smith unfit? Give them s chance over Weighell who offers very little.

Threw that game away from a strong position. Really poor effort

Looking forward to Friday. An in form Ben McDermott is one of the most destructive t20 batsman around. Was brilliant in last years big bash and has really hit form for Hampshire. Hopefully we get him first ball, but an exciting player to watch live !

Not sure what the forecast is like, but would be nice to see a big crowd.