+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Forgot the bloody game was on!

Still, great to come on here and see we'd won 👏 👏 👏

Well done to Billy Root, and the whole team.

Oh 'me" of little faith!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We’re two points above Middlesex, but they’ll go above us even if they lose to Notts, something which seems unlikely as they’ve not lost a wicket this morning.

Next game, home to Notts.
    I think the draw in that game probably suits us, keeps both in range. Wish it was 3 going up as we would be looking at a decent cushion.

We've got notts next, so a real chance to go top of the league or very close. Sussex are only 1 wicket down at tea, need 169 in final session to beat Derbyshire. Would be great for us if they could pull that result off , would put a real gap between us.

Both Cooke and Van Der Gugten should be available for the Notts game in a couple of weeks,

Good news. Woukd love to see timm in as the extra bowler. With harris/weighell/douthwaite replacing one of the under performing top order players.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    255 to win. Hmmmm
    And the funny thing is Essex looked a really poor side in Cardiff.

crap start, hiding coming

This game has reminded me that the Essex crowd are the worst bunch of ***** in professional sport. Has anyone else had the unfortunate experience of them in person?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    This game has reminded me that the Essex crowd are the worst bunch of ***** in professional sport. Has anyone else had the unfortunate experience of them in person?
    Essex is a ��hole so no surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Must be a nightmare playing there, surrounded by oiks.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 02-07-22 at 19:25. Reason: Typo

Glad I decided against going to Chelmsford.

I don’t know what the biggest margin of defeat in domestic T20 is but this will be right up there. Hopeless.

bowling was dreadful and left no chance. feel sorry for northeast

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    bowling was dreadful and left no chance. feel sorry for northeast
    Yeah, good effort by him.

Good recovery tonight. 190 for 5.

An enjoyable game and a good win. The fielding was terrific. Kent’s fielding was dire.
    Two home defeats v Hants and Somerset where we should have chased down to win cost us qualification.

Another disapointing t20 campaign. Thought the bowling unit was great this tournament. Batting really let us down. So many out of form batters, yet the most damage was done by our best and most in form player. Northeasts innings over the first 9/10 games were utterly criminal, him and Maynard need to take a long hard look at themselves for that gameplan .

T20 campaign to forget, but still very much in contention in the championship and defending champs in the 50 over comp.

I think where we finished is about right for the ability within the squad - it was an improvement on the last couple of seasons I believe.

My main complaint is about the poor wickets we played on in Cardiff in our early T20 matches, batting was our weaker discipline and we played on pitches which were never going to lead to a confident batting side.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Another disapointing t20 campaign. Thought the bowling unit was great this tournament. Batting really let us down. So many out of form batters, yet the most damage was done by our best and most in form player. Northeasts innings over the first 9/10 games were utterly criminal, him and Maynard need to take a long hard look at themselves for that gameplan .

T20 campaign to forget, but still very much in contention in the championship and defending champs in the 50 over comp.
    I think Northeast prevented this from being a worse campaign. Too many batsmen didn’t produce the goods. So he had to stick around. His strike rate wasn’t great but when you are playing with two key batsmen in Lloyd and Carlson in really poor form it’s a big problem. Cooke and Labuschagne were average. It didn’t leave a lot left.

Am just watching the test match and, with each passing minute, Sam Billings is confirming my initial impression that I’ve never seen a wicketkeeper in senior cricket make the job look as hard as he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think Northeast prevented this from being a worse campaign. Too many batsmen didn’t produce the goods. So he had to stick around. His strike rate wasn’t great but when you are playing with two key batsmen in Lloyd and Carlson in really poor form it’s a big problem. Cooke and Labuschagne were average. It didn’t leave a lot left.
    It's a tough one, but I'd argue that half the reason carlson had to go ballistic from ball 1 was because northeast had devastated our run rate by the time he got in. His innings were so poor that everyone else had real run rate pressure to deal with. I'd have much rathered lose a couple of games more heavily by attacking, but actually have a chance of winning others. Lloyds form was worrying, he's always going to be patchy, but I'd have expected him to produce over the course of the tournament. I'd quite like to see Lloyd and Carlson sit out of the next championship match. Give them a game off and hope the 50 over stuff sees them return to form.

Van Der Gugten is playing for the second team today, so, hopefully, he’ll be back for the Notts four day game.

I may have to bite the bullet and follow the hundred this year. Michael Hogan has signed for the Southern Brave. Fingers crossed he takes a ton of wickets and they offer him a nice fat contract for next year aswell !!!