+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Early afternoon inroads, always nice to see! Hoges is an absolute machine.

145 -3, not bad on this pitch. Ackerman 277 not out in his last innings, out first ball today.

Only two bowling points for both Middlesex and Derbyshire.

Pretty straightforward catch dropped by Cooke just now off Hogan.

If the pitch is a belter then those kind of dropped catches are even more damaging than normal.

Just noticed that we are facing joey evison for the 2nd time in 2 games. On loan from notts to Leicester.

Leics look like getting 500 plus here. A high scoring draw wouldn’t be a bad result. We need to make sure we get maximum bonus points when we bat.

Leicestershire closing in on 600 - Glamorgan have just dropped their seventh catch of the innings.

Edit 584 all out, Roman Walker, who Glamorgan handled so poorly last season, last out for 64.

this is not going good at all both openers gone already

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    this is not going good at all both openers gone already
    Nottinghamshire look likely to win as Derbyshire still need 286 runs to avoid an innings defeat.

MIddlesex are in a similar, but slightly better poaition than us. aa they have scored 0ver 300 and are about 200 behind on 1st vinnings with 4 wickets left

Ingram and Northeast still there at the close on 46 and 50 respectively.
    Excellent steadying of the ship.

Sensible chanceless batting tomorrow is the order of the day.

Interesting overseas player selected for the last month of the season, we need it to stay dry through September.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/62221730

228-2, both Ingram and Northeast have got their centuries.

Our game looks odds on for the draw. Sussex wobbling v Middlesex though at 69/4. A surprise Middlesex win is not what we want.

Sussex are really messing up at 69/5 at lunch

I remember Sussex helping Worcestershire to promotion in a declaration game thereby denying us in the process. They’ve never been a side I’ve had much time for. Looking at who’s out for Sussex, they’re going to lose that match.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I remember Sussex helping Worcestershire to promotion in a declaration game thereby denying us in the process. They’ve never been a side I’ve had much time for. Looking at who’s out for Sussex, they’re going to lose that match.
    I remember that game too. We were playing a dire Derbyshire who we would have beaten comfortably but for the weather. Worcs chased down something like 330 very easily. Too easily.

Just to add we just missed out on promotion that season and Matt Maynard was then shafted. His son Tom then left and we know the rest. That final day ended up having profound consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just to add we just missed out on promotion that season and Matt Maynard was then shafted. His son Tom then left and we know the rest. That final day ended up having profound consequences.
    Exactly right.

344-4, Carlson out for a single figure score again after Lloyd had been caught off a no ball while making just 2. Think it’s time for Lloyd to drop down the order now, but who opens with Byrom then?

344-4, Carlson out for a single figure score again after Lloyd had been caught off a no ball while making just 2. Think it’s time for Lloyd to drop down the order now, but who opens with Byrom then?
    Tom Bevan maybe. Joe Cooke?

Thankfully their catching in the field is almost as bad as ours.

Sussex 143/8 at tea. They probably need to bat for another ten overs to be safe.

Tom Bevan maybe. Joe Cooke?
    The second team had a good win over Hampshire this week and aren’t doing bad in the for day table to go with their T20 success. Bevan and Cooke seem to be the leading candidates and there might be a case for getting them both in the team - I’ve been trying to think of an overseas all rounder who opens the batting and bowling, but I don’t think there are too many of those around

Sussex 143/8 at tea. They probably need to bat for another ten overs to be safe.
    That’s a better session than I was expecting for Sussex, but I’d still say a Middlesex win has to be favourite.

The second team had a good win over Hampshire this week and aren’t doing bad in the for day table to go with their T20 success. Bevan and Cooke seem to be the leading candidates and there might be a case for getting them both in the team - I’ve been trying to think of an overseas all rounder who opens the batting and bowling, but I don’t think there are too many of those around
    Yep I think an overseas all rounder superstar for September is a bit optimistic.
    I would probably bring one of Bevan or Cooke in to open with Byrom and drop Lloyd down to five and drop Carlson.

Northeast now 197 his hohgest ever 1st class score. Glam 398-5

Maiden double century for Notheast 👏 👏 👏