+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

This has been a very disappointing batting effort although the decision against Cooke was very poor as it was clearly going down leg side.

I used to follow Glamorgan CC club through the sixties...even saw Malcolm Nash hit for six sixes in an over v Australia in Swansea....
    Lost interest when leagues etc introduced.

BUT...if I could change one thing it would be the title of this thread......GLAMMY....come on...what is that??? Glamorgan ccc

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I used to follow Glamorgan CC club through the sixties...even saw Malcolm Nash hit for six sixes in an over v Australia in Swansea....

BUT...if I could change one thing it would be the title of this thread......GLAMMY....come on...what is that??? Glamorgan ccc
    Ah, the famous six sixes by that famous Australian Gary Sobers who was playing for Notts when he did that extraordinary feat at St Helen’s

Salter stumped off a wide...only he had made his ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post

Not the one hit by that legendary Aussie Sir Garfield shirley?

First time I've been down to watch Glamorgan in a few years. The first observation I have is the wicket was poor. Even in club cricket I don't think I've heard the noise of shots coming off the bottom of the bat so often. Spoilt it as a spectacle as no one managed to time the ball all day. And my only other observation having watched him play test match cricket on TV is how on earth is Dom Bess a professional cricketer? The boy isn't even a decent club player.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    First time I've been down to watch Glamorgan in a few years. The first observation I have is the wicket was poor. Even in club cricket I don't think I've heard the noise of shots coming off the bottom of the bat so often. Spoilt it as a spectacle as no one managed to time the ball all day. And my only other observation having watched him play test match cricket on TV is how on earth is Dom Bess a professional cricketer? The boy isn't even a decent club player.
    Glamorgan’s one day pitches have been poor all season, but the one for the England T20 game was a perfect example of what you want for a game when the crowd come along to watch people hitting sixes - there were only two sixes hit in today’s game wasn’t there?

Going back to the Hundred, one player has just almost scored as many as the whole Welsh Fire team does in a typical game. Will Smede scored the competition’s first century. Glamorgan got Smeded down in Taunton a few weeks back in theT20.

Three sixes Paul. Weighell hit a six near the end

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Three sixes Paul. Weighell hit a six near the end
    Yeah, just noticed that - I’d given up on it by then.

I see that six was Weighell’s only boundary, yet he scored thirty odd and Carlson only hit two fours in his sixty four.

Strangely enough this strip was actually the only decent batting track we've had down there all year. Unfortunately , by my reckoning this was the 3rd match on the strip so it's now as slow as the rest of them !!

Glamorgan 9-2 and the horribly out of form Lloyd is still in.

Make that 13-3 and Lloyd’s still in.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glamorgan 9-2 and the horribly out of form Lloyd is still in.

Make that 13-3 and Lloyd’s still in.
    Lose today which is now very likely and we are pretty much out of contention. Very poor start

We can kiss this one goodbye.

That was dismal. Northants knocked off over 340 on this pitch a few days ago. We look miles short.

That was dismal. Northants knocked off over 340 on this pitch a few days ago. We look miles short.
    It did seem to be turning a fair bit for Zaib, so if Salter and Ingram bowl well (think Carlson will give himself a few overs as well) you never know and we may have a chance because there was something for the new ball bowlers as well for a while, but it’s a very quick outfield and we look about fifty short of a par score to me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It did seem to be turning a fair bit for Zaib, so if Salter and Ingram bowl well (think Carlson will give himself a few overs as well) you never know and we may have a chance because there was something for the new ball bowlers as well for a while, but it’s a very quick outfield and we look about fifty short of a par score to me.
    Make that 150 short

Make that 150 short
    Yeah, all of the good work of the Derby win is being undone - getting close to the time to concentrate on the four day game.

This is a real hammering!!

Defeat by six wickets - four wickets late on for Carlson.

Welsh Fire chucked it away again - useless.

Absolutely gutted. Had 11/4 on Brum to win and hit most 4s and most 6s. Pretorius nutted me on the final ball .

What a joke the welsh fire are. Birmingham didn't really turn up. They absolutely imploded with the bat, all down to stupid shots by batsman. The useless Welsh fire bowling attack still let them get to 130. As for the batting. Yet another bottle job by David Miller. They had that game won, just needed to show some balls and finish it instead of patting singles.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Absolutely gutted. Had 11/4 on Brum to win and hit most 4s and most 6s. Pretorius nutted me on the final ball .

What a joke the welsh fire are. Birmingham didn't really turn up. They absolutely imploded with the bat, all down to stupid shots by batsman. The useless Welsh fire bowling attack still let them get to 130. As for the batting. Yet another bottle job by David Miller. They had that game won, just needed to show some balls and finish it instead of patting singles.
    Al the Birmingham big plauers failed and welsh fire still messed it up. 13 from 10 balls becomes 9 fron 1 needed. Elite cricketers they are not. Schoolboy stuff

Welsh fire given the same budget as everyone else and end up with josh cobb as captain. Who picked these players? I remember seeing mark walllace at the auction picking them and Maynard is assistant coach. Doesnt bode well!

You look at those two teams player for player and there are far more stars in the Birmingham team. I know Bairstow’s made himself unavailable, but the squad looks the weakest by some distance in the competition on paper - someone seriously messed up at the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Al the Birmingham big plauers failed and welsh fire still messed it up. 13 from 10 balls becomes 10 from 2 needed. Elite cricketers they are not. Schoolboy stuff

Welsh fire given the same budget as everyone else and end up with josh cobb as captain. Who picked these players? I remember seeing mark walllace at the auction picking them and Maynard is assistant coach. Doesnt bode well!
    I was thinking similar. Maynard in the dugout. Cobb captain, a bloke who probably shouldn't have a hundred contract at all. It does come down to culture a lot I think. The Maynard style would be 'stay out there til the end David miller, don't do anything silly and and bring us home '. Then you open up the possibility of a couple of tight overs and a result like this. Any team with a decent culture would really attack with 23 needed off 20. Get it done, boost the run rate and don't give them a chance of sneaking back into the game.

Same moronic culture that saw Sam northeast being asked to stick around and play sensible for the first half of our T20 campaign