+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

I'm just trying to work out what on earth Darren Sammy is on about in his commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm just trying to work out what on earth Darren Sammy is on about in his commentary.
    Yes, he lost me. Another loss for the franchise, seems like they’ve only got three power hitters.

It's been bad up to this stage but this is particularly bad.

Could be game over very soon the way Fire have been batting in previous games.

Dragged themselves back into it.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Dragged themselves back into it.
    54 for 6 ...woeful

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    54 for 6 ...woeful
    Yeah

If next year's team resembles anything as bad as the squad assembled here then questions need asking.

They'll probably pick Bairstow again...

Played six, lost six then with the men halfway through their programme and the women a third of the way through (they only play six games). Must say that, on the evidence so far. the women's prospects of coming up with that elusive first win are better than the men's - I've been very critical of the men's team, but, you look at that batting line up on paper and they really aren't anywhere near as bad as their woeful record this season suggests they are.

One other thing, I believe that was Zampa's last game for the season and he's been the best bowler for the Welsh Fire by a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    One other thing, I believe that was Zampa's last game for the season and he's been the best bowler for the Welsh Fire by a distance.
    That’s a shame, he was one of the best WF players yesterday. The team is such a mess with some woeful batting performances.

Must win today at Neath in the one day cup, although I have low hopes, and unfortunately we’re already two wickets down. Looks like a good toss to have won for Lancashire. I was hoping to get down Friday with some of the family to cross off an out ground but likely transport disruption has made me think again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kind of Blue View Post
    That’s a shame, he was one of the best WF players yesterday. The team is such a mess with some woeful batting performances.

Must win today at Neath in the one day cup, although I have low hopes, and unfortunately we’re already two wickets down. Looks like a good toss to have won for Lancashire. I was hoping to get down Friday with some of the family to cross off an out ground but likely transport disruption has made me think again.
    The forecast’s pretty good for Friday and it’s not too bad a ground to reach. I’ve been a couple of times and it’s quite a nice place to visit - Neath’s easy to reach from up here at the top of the Rhondda valley (much easier than Cardiff) and, from memory, Cardiff to the Gnoll is not too bad.

Getting another right hammering today!

Good story about two stalwarts of the county game who should have played for England, but never did - watching Glamorgan in the fifty over stuff lately, I’d think of giving Stevens a one year white ball contract.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...t-it-is-losing

Hants 99-5 , winning the toss and bowling first seems to be a big factor in these games!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Hants 99-5 , winning the toss and bowling first seems to be a big factor in these games!
    Hampshire have an amazing record though, they’ve won something like seventeen out of their last nineteen matches - it would be some achievement for Glamorgan to win this, but 200 will probably be too much for them to chase.

Tom Bevan has scored a maiden hundred for Glamorgan’s first team off 88 balls with ten fours and six sixes. My doubts about them scoring 200 are looking idiotic 167-1 in the twenty sixth over chasing 229.

Bevan smacking it all to all corners at the moment. Fantastic knock. All in vain, campaign wise, but a very good performance against a half tidy side in Hampshire.

That's better. Against the unbeaten leaders too. Great knock by Bevan.

Tom Bevan has scored a maiden hundred for Glamorgan’s first team off 88 balls with ten fours and six sixes. My doubts about them scoring 200 are looking idiotic 167-1 in the twenty sixth over chasing 229.
    Thought it was a lovely day and relatively stress free at the Gnoll yesterday. The body language of the players looked really positive from the off. Some very canny bowling and fielding. If Carlson had held onto that catch I would say it would be one of the best I'd have ever seen live. As it was it was just a great stop.

Bevan was a revelation, very impressive. I'm a bit out of touch with local league cricket these days having packed it in a decade or so ago. I'd be interested to hear a bit more about his background and progress from St Fagans folk

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Thought it was a lovely day and relatively stress free at the Gnoll yesterday. The body language of the players looked really positive from the off. Some very canny bowling and fielding. If Carlson had held onto that catch I would say it would be one of the best I'd have ever seen live. As it was it was just a great stop.

Bevan was a revelation, very impressive. I'm a bit out of touch with local league cricket these days having packed it in a decade or so ago. I'd be interested to hear a bit more about his background and progress from St Fagans folk
    The commentators were saying Bevan was struggling to get in the seconds last season. The question now is does he become Ingram’s replacement for the important four day stuff to come? Ithink he may well be.

The commentators were saying Bevan was struggling to get in the seconds last season. The question now is does he become Ingram’s replacement for the important four day stuff to come? Ithink he may well be.
    Yep and he deserves the opportunity after yesterday

Anybody watching Originals v Superchargers .
    Great hitting by Originals …100 from 41 balls a Record ….currently 187-3 88 balls !

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Anybody watching Originals v Superchargers .
    Great hitting by Originals …100 from 41 balls a Record ….currently 187-3 88 balls !
    Yes, I’m watching it, a record score for Manchester, but I wouldn’t rule out the side in purple (only know the Welsh Fire by name) chasing them down on this pitch.

Any news of Glamorgan incomings ahead of next season? Other counties seem to be making a few.

On top of Michael Hogan, the following are out of contract by all accounts: Callum Taylor; Kiran Carlson; Billy Root; Joe Cooke; Lukas Carey; Ruaidhri Smith; Jamie McIlroy; Timm van der Gugten; James Weighell; Andy Gorvin; Tegid Phillips.

Fair to assume that at least 4 of those will be leaving.

I know Ingram is hoping for a contract, but can't help but feel that a second overseas seamer to join Neser is the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Any news of Glamorgan incomings ahead of next season? Other counties seem to be making a few.

On top of Michael Hogan, the following are out of contract by all accounts: Callum Taylor; Kiran Carlson; Billy Root; Joe Cooke; Lukas Carey; Ruaidhri Smith; Jamie McIlroy; Timm van der Gugten; James Weighell; Andy Gorvin; Tegid Phillips.

Fair to assume that at least 4 of those will be leaving.

I know Ingram is hoping for a contract, but can't help but feel that a second overseas seamer to join Neser is the right thing to do.
    Ingram deserves a contract on this season’s form, but I’d be loathe to keep him on if it comes with a demand that he can jet off to play in another part of the world like he’s doing for our last month of the Championship season.

If you’re right about all of those players being out of contract there’s potential for a City like rebuild during the winter, but it’d be cheaper and more realistic to go for a half and half approach. The only ones I’d definitely want to keep in that list are Carlson and Van Der Gugten, but I’d probably offer Root and one or two of Cooke!, McIlroy and Weighella contract.

Australia are touring next year aren’t they, so I don’t think it’s worth going for Labuschagne. Getting Northeast last winter was a bit of a shock which makes me think Glamorgan can look for out of contract domestic players at a higher level than I thought they could - I’d be inclined to look for another seamer domestically and go for an overseas batsman who can bowl a bit of spin.

I'm off to watch the fire today, will get down early for the women's game. Can anyone suggest the best place to park? It's been years since I've been down and knowing my luck the parking at the ground will be full when I arrive!
    Thanks